Wild Trout Trust Auction 2013
Check out the lots up for grabs in the Wild Trout Trust Auction – they are not all designed for trout and fly anglers either - there are some terrific coarse and sea fishing packages to be won!
The Wild Trout Trust auction is a really great way of exploring new areas for fishing and contributing to a very worthwhile cause – the protection of our wild trout and their habitat through practical advice and projects with fishing clubs and landowners. Much of the habitat work carried out benefits all flow loving fish, such as chub and barbel, as well as trout.
The auction will take place on eBay and by post from March 5-14. There is an illustrated online catalogue and map of the fishing lots on the Wild Trout Trust Website or, if you prefer to browse a paper catalogue, email email@example.com or call 02392 570985.
There are 235 lots, with guide prices starting at £20, and the lots include tackle, flies, art and books as well as fishing for game, sea and coarse fish – and golden dorado!
A sample of the lots on offer:
Wild Trout Trust Director Shaun Leonard is very much an all round fisherman – he’ll fish for anything with fins! This year he is offering the One Rod Challenge: to catch as many fish species as possible in one day from waters in southern England during summer 2013.
Target species could include bass, smoothhound, mullet, carp, trout, pike, chub, perch, roach. This day will need a lot winner who's keen for a long day of frenetic fishing and an absolute guarantee of tremendous fun. Check out Lot 154 HERE
The coarse fishing lots are accompanied by real experts!
• Barbel fishing on the Hampshire Avon with Pete Reading, Research & Conservation Chairman of the Barbel Society
• Roach fishing with Mark Everard, author of ‘The Complete Book of the Roach’ on the Hampshire or Bristol Avon
• Fly fishing for pike with professional guide, David Wolstoncroft-Dodd
• Pike or ferox trout fishing on Loch Awe with fisheries biologist Alan Kettle-White
• Fly fishing for carp with WTT Director Shaun Leonard
Saltwater lots include:
• a long day out fishing the wrecks mid channel, departing from Dartmouth
• a day on a boat in Poole Harbour fishing for bass with live sand eels
• fly fishing for bass off the coast in Devon and in Hampshire
• bass fishing from a kayak in the Solent
• bone fishing in the Bahamas
By the Same Author
- Whales sculpture highlights threat of plastic pollution to oceans
- Emma's Challenge - Part 23
- CELEBRATE THE 16TH WITH AN EXTRA 10% OFF SALE PRICES!
- Clean up operation in full swing after deliberate fuel leak into Grand Union canal
- Emma's Challenge - Part 22
- Emma's Challenge - Part 21
- June Photo-Caption Competition!
- Angling Trust Announces New Freshwater Team Member
- Emma's Challenge - Part 20
- Angler’s Mail 26 May 2015