Sea Fishing - The Ten Worm Challenge
The Ten Worm Challenge is an unusual shore-based sea angling competition that is being held on Sunday 17 March in aid of the RNLI and it is considered to be the ultimate test of sea fishing skill.
Everyone is welcome to compete in the event, which is designed to be a test of strategy and tactics in a way that most sea fishing competitions are not. Competitors need to book in at the Romney Hythe and Dymchurch Light Railway Cafe, Hythe between 8.00and 9.00am then they are free to fish ANYWHERE that they wish between 10am and 3.00pm - but they are only allowed to bring 10 lugworms to fish with and no other bait.
This venue is very well signposted and if you haven't been there before the postcode is CT21 6LD. There is ample car parking and you can get breakfast, tea, coffee etc before you head off to wherever it is that you think you can out fish everyone else armed with just with 10 Lugworm.
So far there are competitors coming from as far afield as Suffolk and Wales to test their skills in this way. Some only intend to fish for 30-40 minutes but at what they believe to be the best time of the tide, others want to fish all day with tiny baits! Once booked in anglers could go to Dungeness, Deal, the Medway... basically anywhere that they wish, provided they are back at the Cafe by 3.30pm.
Limiting the bait so severely 'levels the playing field' between competitors and brings a lot of skill to the event, we are hoping to attract a large entry, hopefully including lots of youngsters.
Full details can be obtained from Tim Raymond at TIM_RAYMOND@sky.com or 01303 265680
By the Same Author
- Men ordered to pay more than £1,400 for illegal fishing: a reminder...
- WIN Oakley Sunglasses with FM and Shade Station
- Whales sculpture highlights threat of plastic pollution to oceans
- Emma's Challenge - Part 23
- CELEBRATE THE 16TH WITH AN EXTRA 10% OFF SALE PRICES!
- Clean up operation in full swing after deliberate fuel leak into Grand Union canal
- Emma's Challenge - Part 22
- Emma's Challenge - Part 21
- June Photo-Caption Competition!
- Angling Trust Announces New Freshwater Team Member