Carp Fishing â€“ European Championships Launched
Prestigious French Venue Abbey Lakes is to host the inaugural European Carp Angling Championships in November.
The new event, put together by British Carp Angling Championship organisers, Angling Media, is scheduled to take place at the Abbey Lakes complex between 02 and 08 November 2013 with the €25000 cash prize fund thought to be the largest in world competition carp angling.
Angling Media boss Simon Bennie said:
“After many weeks of preparation I’m delighted to finally announce an event that many of the top competition carpers in Europe have been waiting for, and where better to hold a match of this stature than the fantastic Abbey Lakes, one of Europe’s premier carp angling destinations. The week-long event has a cash prize fund that will attract the very best around with a format ensuring the eventual winner won’t be known until the very end.”
The ECAC will take place over 135 hours across three lakes: Fox, Heron and Wild Boar. Competitors, comprising just 45 pairs of anglers, will fish each lake for 45 hours before rotating to the next with the winners those with the highest points tally after fishing all three of the lakes.
“The three lakes chosen at Abbey offer a variety of angling challenges from the bobbins venue that is Wild Boar right through to the possibly of an 80lb fish from Heron.
November is usually a fantastic month to fish the Abbey complex and with the quality of angler this event is already attracting I’m sure we can expect some fireworks in the search to find the first European champions.”
For more details on the event, to discuss possible sponsorship opportunities or to reserve a place call Simon Bennie on 00 44 1278 448212 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org Full details can also be found HERE
By the Same Author
- Men ordered to pay more than Â£1,400 for illegal fishing: a reminder...
- WIN Oakley Sunglasses with FM and Shade Station
- Whales sculpture highlights threat of plastic pollution to oceans
- Emma's Challenge - Part 23
- CELEBRATE THE 16TH WITH AN EXTRA 10% OFF SALE PRICES!
- Clean up operation in full swing after deliberate fuel leak into Grand Union canal
- Emma's Challenge - Part 22
- Emma's Challenge - Part 21
- June Photo-Caption Competition!
- Angling Trust Announces New Freshwater Team Member