Welsh Carp Championships
This week marks the beginning of the Welsh Carp Championships, sponsored by Taska.
The competition, run by Richard Cox and Martin Cronin (owner of the Birch Syndicate), is in its first year and Richard and Martin have built the competition to feature five of South Wales’ most prolific carp venues including; the Birch Syndicate, Lamby Lake, Hendre Lake, White Springs Fishery and Fendrod Lake.
The competition is a 48 hour pairs match and each lake will hold an elimination round in which ten pairs will fish and two pairs will qualify for the final, to be held at the Birch Syndicate.
Elimination rounds begin on Friday 24-26 May with the finals on 21-23 June.
Tickets went on sale in early December and indications show that the event will be a sellout. The prize for the overall winner is £1,000 and prizes for runners up include a trip to John Lilly’s lake in France, a Birch Syndicate ticket worth £350 and a three-day cabin trip to White Springs.
Taska MD Steve Tasker is delighted to be involved with the Welsh Carp Championships at such an early stage and believes that together they can build the event to be as big as possible. Taska will not only be sponsoring the event but we will also be donating a number of prizes and there will be a Taska demonstration tent at the final.
The competition has its own Facebook page so why not head over and find out some more information and keep up to date with the event, which starts on Friday.
By the Same Author
- Multiple Rod Licencing - Is it Time for a Change?
- Fishing with Emma: Winter Carp - Part Seven
- Angler’s Mail 21 October 2014
- Review: How to Flyfish from Newcomer to Improver
- Fishing with Emma: Winter Carp - Part Six
- Regent’s Fish Rescue
- Angler’s Mail, 14 October 2014
- Marijuana Could Wipe out Salmon…
- Banning Eastern European Anglers…
- Recognition for the Social and Economic Benefits of Sea Angling