Love your Waterway? Then Help to Improve it for Free
If you love your waterway and want to make it even better, then Thames21 can help with their brilliant free training sessions!
Thames21 offers free training to anyone who is keen to help lead activities in and around their local waterways.
Training will develop your skills and confidence – enabling you to improve your stretch of river, canal or pond.
By the end of day one, you will be able to plan your own clean-up, showing that you can select an appropriate site; organise tasks and equipment; spot hazards and ensure health and safety.
By the end of day two, you will understand what it takes to lead and support a clean-up by working with others to achieve a goal. We will look at leadership responsibilities and behaviour, and focus on delivering a welcome and health and safety briefing to a group.
You will receive an NCFE Accredited certificate for completing both days of the training. Thames21 will then support you to get your ideas off the ground.
Next available sessions:
• Saturday 3 August
• Sunday 6 October
• Sunday 18 August
• Saturday 19 October
Register now: Sessions run between 10am – 4pm and are held at Camley Street Natural Park, near Kings Cross Station.
By the Same Author
- Fishing with Emma: Winter Carp - Part Eleven
- Anglers Challenge EU over Unacceptable Bass Proposals.
- Angling Trust RiverFest 2014
- FREE Learn How to Lure Fish for Perch Event
- Fishing with Emma: Winter Carp - Part Ten
- Angler’s Mail 11 November 2014
- The Syndicate – Twenty Years On
- Wrap up for Winter with Farlows - and a £10 Voucher*
- Don’t Drink the Water…
- Fishing with Emma: Winter Carp - Part Nine