Stoney and Friends Charity Fish-in
Stoney and Friends have lined up another brilliant fish-in for Macmillan Cancer Support; this one is at Cambridgeshire’s famous Woolpack Syndicate.
Courtesy of Andy Stafford the Woolpack Syndicate is available for a special Stoney and Friends fish-in.
Location: The Woolpack Syndicate, Cow Lane, Godmanchester, Huntingdon, Cambs. PE29 2EJ
Date: Fri 20, Sat 21 and Sun 22 September 2013
Cost: £50.00, including a BBQ on Saturday afternoon.
The lakes have been fished since the early 80s and the carp are mostly classic, old, dark and scaly mirrors and just about every variation of common.
Lake 7: Around 9 acres with 13 Swims and home to about 60 or 70 carp. There are around 15 to 20 different 30s and the lake produced its first 40lb mirror in 2013. There are very few carp under 25lb in the lake, which has also produced tench to 10lb 8oz and bream to 15lb 2oz during the last two years.
Lake 8: Around 10 acres with 14 Swims and home to an estimated 70 plus carp, which are mostly over 20lb. The biggest fish caught to date is 34-12 and there are several large, uncaught carp.
There are tench averaging around 7lb and bream averaging around 7 to 8lb and double figure tench and bream have been caught in the last two years. There are also pike, roach, rudd, eels and perch in both lakes.
For further details and to book a place contact Allan Stone at: firstname.lastname@example.org
By the Same Author
- World Boat Championships – Stewards Needed!
- Fishing wth Emma: Winter Carp - Part Two
- Angler’s Mail 16 September 2014
- TideFest Access to a ‘Secret’ Thames Island
- Review: Dirty Dog Clank Sunglasses
- Fishing with Emma: Winter Carp - Part One
- National Fishing Month 2014 was ‘Absolutely Fabulous’
- Angler’s Mail 09 Sept 2014
- TideFest – Full Programme of Events Announced
- Where to Fish