The past four weeks have found me on the banks of the majestic River Wye in the company of more wonderful people as together we experienced the river in all its many moods. ... Full story
What are the chances of an Australian fishing mate coming to stay in the UK on the very day when England comprehensively win the Ashes? Sadly, Al McGlashan, the professional recreational ‘fisho’, film maker, writer and photographer who helped me get to grips with fishing Down Under, must be the only living Australian who neither understands cricket or who genuinely doesn’t give a ‘rat’s arse’ about the great game - a rare breed indeed! ... Full story
THE new issue of Angler’s Mail magazine not only looks fresh on the outside, it’s got new features. It’s the essential August Bank Holiday Special! The giant Where To Fish This Week guide delivers over 443 venues & match reports, to give you the best pointers on form for this Bank Holiday weekend. Plus there’s a revealing look at the massive Evesham Festival. ... Full story
In 1989 and 1990 the widely respected all-rounder, Martin Gay, hooked and landed a phenomenal catch of big common carp, topped by a fish he reported at 48lbs. He always insisted they were caught in England but the Carp Society denounced them as 'Canadian' because Martin had recently visited family in British Columbia. Fishing Magic readers are invited to form their own opinions based on the truthful evidence of the FM Editor, Cliff Hatton, and Essex angler, Eddie Benham. ... Full story
The Welsh Government says "Everyone should have the chance to experience parks, woodlands, mountains and the coast through a range of activities (presumably, rivers are included in this line-up) "Outdoor recreation makes a valuable contribution to Wales and its economy whilst creating a number of health, environmental and social benefits" ... Full story
Following on from the hugely successful Mullet Masterclass Day in 2013, the Angling Trust Sussex Marine Region will once again be working alongside the National Mullet Club to promote mullet fishing in Sussex rivers. ... Full story
Your editor is something of a hero, you know…. It was Alan Yates’ very welcome article that took me back to Bognor Regis, circa 1990, where I was bass fishing from the promenade (laugh…anything would’ve done) I was with my brother, catching nothing, but generally happy with the warm sea-breeze and an ice cream. ... Full story
- A Month on the Wye
- Forget about cricket, mate - show me your Pommie fish!
- Martin Gay's 50lb English Common Carp: Closure.
- BEWARE! EXTREMISTS!
- Welsh Government Wants to Improve Access to 'Responsible' Outdoor Activities
- Book Now for the Angling Trust Sussex Marine Region Mullet Masterclass
- The Bognor Bag
- Welcome back, Alan!
- England’s Young Lions are World Champions
- Environment Agency Awards Fisheries Contract to the Angling Trust
- Murder in the Fens? Fact or Fiction? Part 3
- Murder in the Fens: Fact or Fiction? Part 2
- Murder in the Fens: Fact or Fiction?
- Clean up operation in full swing after deliberate fuel leak into Grand Union canal
- Biggest tench for four years!
- It’s Time to Grab Some Cheap Gear!
- Angler’s Mail 10 February 2015
- Heylin Collects Angling Gong
- Teams Announced for World Disabled and Veterans’ Championships
- Angler’s Mail 03 February 2015
- The 20th Anniversary Barbel Society Show
- Don't Miss the Sportfish Show - This Weekend 9th and 10th May
- ABF Evening with the Experts
- Irish Bass Festival 2015
- Carp Society Junior Carp Camp 2015
- Match Fishing – Canal Pairs Qualifiers
- RiverFest 2015 - Bigger and Better!
- Fish the Magnificent Severn
- Stoney and Friends Predator Day
- 2015 Canal & River Trust Stillwater Championship Details Announced
- Big Catfish Prefer the Delicate Touch
- Muckno Monster
- 20th Catfish over 220lb
- Record Salmon Lured by Rhino Spoon
- Carp Fishing – 50lb Common for Franck
- Carp Fishing – Big French Catch for Dennis
- Carp fishing – French Result for Nils
- Carp Fishing - 73lb Mirror for Keith Williams
- Carp Fishing – Birds Green Result for Kieran
- Catfish – Huge 270lb plus River Po Beast for Black Cat Anglers
- Sea Fishing - The Saltwater Species Hunt
- Win a Brilliant, Bespoke Angling Map
- Mahseer Trust Competition - Win a Fishing Trip to India
- Maggots – Have You Got the Balls?
- Win Free Pike Fishing at Walthamstow Reservoirs
- Win an Angling Holiday Break with Park Holidays UK
- Win a Brilliant River Wye Session
- May Caption Competition - When Martin met David
- Win a Break to Scotland's National Parks
- Time to Win - April Caption Competition
- Match Fishing – Interview with a Champion
- Match Fishing – A European Virgin
- New Recruits Set the Pace at Team Bait-Tech
- Timing is Everything
- Match Fishing - Cold Water Carping
- Barbel Fishing – Attacking the Swim
- Fishing the Long Pole and Groundbait
- Match Fishing - Bloodworm and Joker Binned!
- Match Fishing - Match Chat with Andy Kinder and Terry Comerford
- Match Fishing - The Fishery With No Name