Last month, we published Rod Sturdy's open letter to Elizabeth Truss MP which posed a number of questions. Perhaps inevitably, Rod's four main concerns were not addressed directly but, as you will see, there is cause for optimism... ... Full story
Here's an opportunity to have your ideas and questions on the future of angling directly addressed; it's also a great way of meeting the people behind those quotes we read so often. Canoeing, abstraction and pollution so often form the canon of questioning at such occasions but how about the rampant commercialization of formerly wild waters...the new bass-fishing ban...the allocation of the EA's £20,000,000 annual budget - and anything else that needs questioning? ... Full story
Fisheries Minister George Eustice, who has been strongly criticised by UK angling organisations for caving in to pressure from commercial fishing interests and supporting exemptions to the European Union bass fishing moratorium for the highly damaging bass gill net fishery, is now under fire for making false claims for the impacts on threatened stocks as a result of the decisions he supported last month at the European Union. ... Full story
Eddie Benham has been a tench fisherman since time began but it wasn't until his discovery of a particularly good tench lake in the late noughties that the real monsters started coming to his net. With such prizes at stake, he couldn't afford to fish with anything less than the most reliable rigs and so he got to thinking... ... Full story
The Angling Trust's discussions with the Environment Agency on the vexed issues of the coarse angling rod licence for the use of multiple rods and charging juniors to fish look likely to produce a result that will please both youngsters and the many carp and specimen anglers who feel aggrieved at having to buy two separate rod licences. ... Full story
...and you think we've got problems? Two Cambodian men have died violently in what is the third fatal accident related to illegal dynamite fishing this month. ... Full story
- Make the most of it!
- Fishing Magic Prize Writing Competition
- The Eddie Benham Leader Knot
- Rod licence reform on the cards: Proposals include 3-rod option and free fishing for juniors
- Flood Prevention, Dredging and Related Matters - an Open Letter from Rod Sturdy
- Hooked on Braid
- Flooding Lessons: Learned and Ignored
- Martin Gay's Historic Carp Captures - THIS is 'Overwhelming Evidence'...
- Season's Greetings to FM Readers!
- Fishing blast kills two in Sihanoukville, Cambodia
- Eric’s Common
- Defra proposals to protect farmland could make flooding worse and damage wildlife
- Sportfish Saltwater Promotion
- More Wrassamataz!
- Murder in the Fens? Fact or Fiction? Part 3
- Murder in the Fens: Fact or Fiction? Part 2
- Murder in the Fens: Fact or Fiction?
- Clean up operation in full swing after deliberate fuel leak into Grand Union canal
- Biggest tench for four years!
- The 20th Anniversary Barbel Society Show
- Don't Miss the Sportfish Show - This Weekend 9th and 10th May
- ABF Evening with the Experts
- Irish Bass Festival 2015
- Carp Society Junior Carp Camp 2015
- Match Fishing – Canal Pairs Qualifiers
- RiverFest 2015 - Bigger and Better!
- Fish the Magnificent Severn
- Stoney and Friends Predator Day
- 2015 Canal & River Trust Stillwater Championship Details Announced
- Big Catfish Prefer the Delicate Touch
- Muckno Monster
- 20th Catfish over 220lb
- Record Salmon Lured by Rhino Spoon
- Carp Fishing – 50lb Common for Franck
- Carp Fishing – Big French Catch for Dennis
- Carp fishing – French Result for Nils
- Carp Fishing - 73lb Mirror for Keith Williams
- Carp Fishing – Birds Green Result for Kieran
- Catfish – Huge 270lb plus River Po Beast for Black Cat Anglers
- Identify the Venue Competition
- Sea Fishing - The Saltwater Species Hunt
- Win a Brilliant, Bespoke Angling Map
- Mahseer Trust Competition - Win a Fishing Trip to India
- Maggots – Have You Got the Balls?
- Win Free Pike Fishing at Walthamstow Reservoirs
- Win an Angling Holiday Break with Park Holidays UK
- Win a Brilliant River Wye Session
- May Caption Competition - When Martin met David
- Win a Break to Scotland's National Parks
- Match Fishing – Interview with a Champion
- Match Fishing – A European Virgin
- New Recruits Set the Pace at Team Bait-Tech
- Timing is Everything
- Match Fishing - Cold Water Carping
- Barbel Fishing – Attacking the Swim
- Fishing the Long Pole and Groundbait
- Match Fishing - Bloodworm and Joker Binned!
- Match Fishing - Match Chat with Andy Kinder and Terry Comerford
- Match Fishing - The Fishery With No Name