Match Fishing - Match Chat with Andy Kinder and Terry Comerford
Terry Comerford spent five minutes sitting beside Maver's Andy Kinder who, in the course of the conversation, came up with three real gems.
Andy’s key points, totally relevant to pleasure as well as match anglers, are as follows:
"On commercial fishery matches I've been using shorter rods for some time now for my method or bomb fishing up to 40 metres.
I use a 10ft 6in Maver Reactorlite feeder rod, these have a smooth through action which allows me to use main lines of 0.23 Maver Jurassic and hooklengths of 0.22 Maver Genesis, these are used in conjunction with 30g elasticated method feeders.”
“Always have your rod at 45 degrees to your box, in two rod rests. The through action of the rod cushions the bite, a simple lift up and you’re into the fish. Play the fish with the rod tip low to the water and you'll find they will often swim towards you, The shorter rod is also an advantage in getting the fish closer in before netting."
"When method or bomb fishing I never twitch the bait, the method feeder is like a little mouse trap and its effectiveness is all about your hookbait being right on top of that pile of method mix, DON'T move it!
On the bomb I've never had any experiences of twitching gaining extra bites, you could be pulling the bait out of a fishes mouth so resist temptation and leave it be!”
By the Same Author
- Pike Match Fishing - The Only Way is Esox
- A Christmas Angle
- Match Fishing - Up the Junction
- Wye No Specimen Anglers on River Match Stretch?
- Match Fishing - Bloodworm and Joker Binned!
- Match Fishing - Match Chat with Andy Kinder and Terry Comerford
- Match Fishing - The Fishery With No Name
- Match Fishing - Has that £50,000 Come In Andy?
- Welsh Match Angler Tackles the Recession by Opening a Larger Store!
- Match Fishing - Shipp Anchors Himself in the Record Books