New Recruits Set the Pace at Team Bait-Tech
New boys Steve Tucker and Les Thompson post brilliant early results for in form Team Bait-Tech
The new ‘big event’ season has only just got underway and already the two newest signings at Bait-Tech have set the pace for rest of the team. Showing they mean business Steve (Tucks) Tucker (Garbolino, Bait-Tech), who only signed days before, went straight in and won the very first Fish ‘O’ Mania qualifier at Viaduct fishery. His 103lb was enough to beat some top class opposition and confirm his place and shot at the televised 30K winner takes all prestigious event.
That great win was followed up by new signing Les Thompson (Matrix, Bait-Tech) who tackled the other big event of the year, the Maver Match This. Les, fishing the Boldings round, caught a very impressive 107lb of F1s and carp in less than favourable conditions to secure his spot in the final later this year and he will be very hard to beat in the quest for the massive 50K winner’s purse.
With the new lads setting the pace at the start of the season and some other big events still to kick off will current UK Champion Jason Le Bosque (Bait-Tech, Garbolino) defend his hard fought victory and last years’ crown? Or will current Drennan Knock Out Champion, Bait-Tech’s very own Gary Miller, chase down the title for a second year running and be the first man to do so? With the undefeated and twice finalist Ian Didcote (Bait-Tech, Garbolino) back in action, we will have to wait and see.
Bait-Tech are certainly looking forward to seeing them in action and wish them all the very best in the coming season.
By the Same Author
- Sea Fishing - New ATr Marine Region in Northumberland
- Thames Water Fined £41K for River Ash Pollution
- Match Fishing – Fish ‘O’ Mania 2013 Heat 15
- New River Season – Will Barnard
- Angler’s Mail 18 June 2013
- Win a Brilliant River Wye Session
- Environment Agency Fails to Investigate Fish Kills
- Severn Barrage Victory and Other Battles Won
- One in Five Salmon Farms Continue to Pollute the Sea Bed.
- Match Fishing – ATr / CRT Stillwater Championship 2013