Match Fishing - Angling Trust Winter League Second Northern Semi Final
Report and results from the second Northern Semi Final held on the Stainforth and Keadby Canal.
The second of the Angling Trust Winter League Northern Semi Finals again faced the changes in the weather conditions with overnight temperatures of minus three degrees having a big effect on the fishing in the match on the Stainforth and Keadby Canal, Thorne.
The venue in the run up to the semi-final had been producing consistent double figure weights in the matches but the changes in the conditions considerably reduced the expectation levels and bright sunshine and a cold northerly wind also did not help the venue fish to its potential.
Ultimate Barnsley Blacks, dropped only seven points out of a potential 80 ran out the eventual winners with four section wins, five seconds and one third, with a total point’s tally of 73, a clear 15 points ahead of their nearest rivals - Saints.
On the Individual front Jason Cunningham of Shakespeare Superteam broke the Barnsley monopoly with a winning weight of 3kg 280g narrowly beating Simon Fields of Ultimate Barnsley Blacks with a weight of 3kg 210g.
Individual placings: (Kg . g)
1st Jason Cunningham (Shakespeare Superteam) 3.280
2nd Simon Fields (Ultimate Barnsley Blacks) 3.210
3rd Dave Brooks (Ultimate Barnsley Blacks) 2.850
4th Andy Geldart (Ultimate Barnsley Blacks) 2.380
1st Ultimate Barnsley Blacks 73 points
2nd Saints 58 points
3rd Shakespeare Superteam 57 points
4th Browning Hotrods 56 points
By the Same Author
- Sea Fishing - New ATr Marine Region in Northumberland
- Thames Water Fined £41K for River Ash Pollution
- Match Fishing – Fish ‘O’ Mania 2013 Heat 15
- New River Season – Will Barnard
- Angler’s Mail 18 June 2013
- Win a Brilliant River Wye Session
- Environment Agency Fails to Investigate Fish Kills
- Severn Barrage Victory and Other Battles Won
- One in Five Salmon Farms Continue to Pollute the Sea Bed.
- Match Fishing – ATr / CRT Stillwater Championship 2013