Fish O Mania - First Finalist Through
The first angler to secure their place in the 2012 Fish ‘O’ Mania final is Stephen Tucker (Garbolino).
Very cold weather greeted the 130 competitors for the first Fish ‘O’ Mania qualifier held on Saturday 14 April at Viaduct Fishery, Somerton, Somerset, which made fishing hard for the anglers taking part.
The winner was Yeovil-based Stephen who drew peg 125 on Campbell Lake and used both bomb and pole to net carp and two tench for a total weight of 103lb 4oz; all of the fish falling to 4lb main line with a size 16 hook and red pellets presented at six and eight metres.
“I have only fished three Fish ‘O’ Mania qualifiers before this one as I have usually done team fishing, but I gave up team fishing last year to concentrate on bigger matches and I am delighted to win this match at my local venue.”
John Dewberry from Hampshire came second place on Campbell peg 114 with 99lb 14oz made up of carp and tench taken again on both pole and bomb. Third place went to Dave Swain of Stockport pegged next to the winner on Campbell peg 124 with 91lb 1oz of carp. In fourth place with 89lb 15oz on peg 65 at Lodge Lake was Tom Mangnall of Taunton and local star Andy Power finished in fifth place with 83lb 5oz on Cary Lake peg 79.
The second qualifier in this series of Fish ‘O’ Mania XIX is at Gold Valley Fishery, Aldershot on Wednesday 18 April 2012 when the next finalist will be decided.
By the Same Author
- Sea Fishing - New ATr Marine Region in Northumberland
- Thames Water Fined £41K for River Ash Pollution
- Match Fishing – Fish ‘O’ Mania 2013 Heat 15
- New River Season – Will Barnard
- Angler’s Mail 18 June 2013
- Win a Brilliant River Wye Session
- Environment Agency Fails to Investigate Fish Kills
- Severn Barrage Victory and Other Battles Won
- One in Five Salmon Farms Continue to Pollute the Sea Bed.
- Match Fishing – ATr / CRT Stillwater Championship 2013