New Boss at Shimano Normark UK
Richard Sanderson, former boss of Hardy Greys, has been appointed managing director of Shimano Normark UK and is set to take the helm as of 08 May.
Richard, who left Hardy’s following a re-organisation back in November, takes over one of the largest tackle companies in the UK which includes brands such as Dynamite Baits and ACE (Advanced Carp Equipment) in its portfolio. The appointment follows on from the resignation of current general manager, Craig Brew, who had been in the role since 1998 and who was a key part of the Shimano team since the early 1990’s.
Speaking of his appointment Richard said:
“Shimano, Normark and Rapala are truly pan-European and global brands and are among the strongest consumer brands in the European tackle industry; as such the role of managing director is a very exciting and challenging opportunity.
The ability of our customers to purchase leading ‘blue chip’ brands, including new acquisitions Dynamite and ACE, from one company in the UK is a real strategic advantage and is one the business is now well placed to take full advantage of.
I am looking forward to working with the great teams of talented people we have in both Evesham and Nottingham.”
It is understood that, amongst other ambitious strategies, plans are afoot for a massive showroom to showcase all company brands at its Nottinghamshire base.
By the Same Author
- River Dredging Threat – Benyon Calms the Storm
- Merseyside County Championships 2013
- Carp Fishing – Issue 17 of the Carp Channel is now Live!
- Welsh Carp Championships
- Chalk Stream Charter Launched This Week
- Take Someone Fishing this Bank Holiday Weekend - For FREE!
- Voluntary Bailiff Service – A Project Update on the Angling Trust’s Fight Against Poaching and Fish Theft
- Anglers Urged to Speak Up for the River Thames
- Match Fishing – Fish ‘O’ Mania 2013 Heat Ten
- Salmon and Trout Association Welcomes Marine Harvest Fish Farm Certification