England Veterans Team Announced
The Angling Trust has named the veterans team who will represent England at the 2012 world championships.
After three consecutive years of podium finishes the England Veterans team finished in sixth place, and failed to win a medal, in the World Angling Games in Italy last year but they are determined to regain their number one seeding in the FIPSed World Angling Championships this year which are being held on the River Mondego, Portugal on 11 and 12 August.
The venue has been very lucky for England in the past, with the ladies winning both team and individual gold. The flow of the river is controlled by a dam upstream of the venue and the main species of fish, borga, is one of the most difficult of all fish to catch. It is thought that bloodworm and joker will play a major part and local knowledge is also important, so the England Veterans team will have to beat a strong Portuguese team on their own soil to win gold.
The squad has only one change from the last two years with Joe Roberts replacing Stan Binge. The squad is: Don Slaymaker, Roger Marlow, Dicky Carr, Terry Lancaster, Joe Roberts and Dick Clegg OBE (Manager).
By the Same Author
- Win a Brilliant River Wye Session
- Environment Agency Fails to Investigate Fish Kills
- Severn Barrage Victory and Other Battles Won
- One in Five Salmon Farms Continue to Pollute the Sea Bed.
- Match Fishing – ATr / CRT Stillwater Championship 2013
- New Big Fish Competition to Reward Great Catches
- Book Review: Fishing with Emma
- Your Chance to Bid for a Unique Chub Image
- Angler’s Mail 11 June 2013
- Match Fishing – The 2013 Ladies’ National