Fish O Mania – Report and Results from the Monk Lakes Qualifier
DELCAC angler Geoff Vallance became the 8th angler to qualify for the Fish 'O' Mania final at Cudmore.
Dull damp conditions greeted anglers taking part in the 8th qualifier of the 16 match series, which is managed by the Angling Trust. Weights were pretty good given the conditions with seven weighing in over the magic ton and only one of the 13 x 10 peg sections was won with less than 50lb.
Winner Geoff Vallance drew Peg 143 on Lake 4 on the Kent venue where he fished shallow using 16m of pole with 6ml pellets to land 172lb 8oz for a comfortable win over the other 129 competitors.
Runner up, Maver Image angler Danny Grimsey from Hadleigh in Suffolk ,fished Peg 112 on Lake 3 and alternated between long and short pole using luncheon meat as bait to take a net of carp and barbel for a good weight of 152lb 10oz.
3rd placed Wayne Shepherd from March in Cambridgeshire fished B32 on Bridges Lake where he fed pellets in a cage feeder with sweetcorn on the hook for a net of carp and skimmers for 124lb 6oz. Wayne’s biggest fish was a carp weighing 12lb 2oz.
The other placings were as follows:
4th Tony Wynnick of Maver Image with 121lb 4oz from Peg 141 on Lake 4
5th Dan Hull, Ratby AC, 116lb 14oz from Peg 135 on Lake 3
6th Perry Stone 105lb 12oz from Peg 110 on Lake 3
By the Same Author
- River Dredging Threat – Benyon Calms the Storm
- Merseyside County Championships 2013
- Carp Fishing – Issue 17 of the Carp Channel is now Live!
- Welsh Carp Championships
- Chalk Stream Charter Launched This Week
- Take Someone Fishing this Bank Holiday Weekend - For FREE!
- Voluntary Bailiff Service – A Project Update on the Angling Trust’s Fight Against Poaching and Fish Theft
- Anglers Urged to Speak Up for the River Thames
- Match Fishing – Fish ‘O’ Mania 2013 Heat Ten
- Salmon and Trout Association Welcomes Marine Harvest Fish Farm Certification