PAC – Still Fighting for Pike
A press release from the Pike Anglers’ Club of Great Britain who continue to promote and protect predators.
Thanks to some very diligent work by a PAC member an angling club's chairman, who went behind the members of the club and arranged for a large section of a Stoke on Trent canal to be electro-fished and all pike removed, has been forced to resign.
The member’s work in searching out the truth, and in then bringing it forward to the club's meeting, has shown that even an individual has a voice that can be heard and can make a difference in protecting our waterways and the right for pike and predators to a place in the natural ecological balance.
The out-going 11th PAC Committee had worked behind the scenes in offering advice and support to the member whilst he searched for the truth in bringing this issue forward to be dealt with. A credit to the individual concerned, and just one of the reasons the PAC continues to exist and thrive since its inception in 1977 some 35 years ago.
By the Same Author
- River Dredging Threat – Benyon Calms the Storm
- Merseyside County Championships 2013
- Carp Fishing – Issue 17 of the Carp Channel is now Live!
- Welsh Carp Championships
- Chalk Stream Charter Launched This Week
- Take Someone Fishing this Bank Holiday Weekend - For FREE!
- Voluntary Bailiff Service – A Project Update on the Angling Trust’s Fight Against Poaching and Fish Theft
- Anglers Urged to Speak Up for the River Thames
- Match Fishing – Fish ‘O’ Mania 2013 Heat Ten
- Salmon and Trout Association Welcomes Marine Harvest Fish Farm Certification