Fish O Mania – Latest Result
Report and results from the 11th Fish ‘O’ Mania Qualifier, held at Tunnel Barn Farm
Although scorching temperatures prevailed throughout the event the 130 anglers in the Fish ‘O’ Mania qualifying match held at Tunnel Barn Farm Fishery, Warwick put some impressive catches on the scales with seven anglers weighing in over the magic ton with the lowest ten peg section winning weight 65lb 3oz.
Shimano Dynamite star Rob Wootton came top of the bunch with 135lb 14oz. Rob fished long pole with worms across to the island on peg 10 of Canal Pool to take a mixed net of F1’s, carp and barbel to 2lb.
Runner up, Luke Bamford fom Sawley, Nottinghamshire drew peg 19 on Club Pool where he fished corn down the side to land a succession of carp to 7lb for his 129lb 11 oz. Third place fell to Andrew Morley from Sheffield who fished pellet shallow and corn down the edge for his net of carp and barbel weighing in at 114lb 5oz with his biggest fish 8lb. In fourth place was Manchester’s Kieron Rich who weighed 113lb 11oz from peg 8 on Jenny’s Pool. Adam Richards from Billingham finished in fifth with 105lb 1oz from peg 4 on Canal Pool.
With only five Fish ‘O’ Mania qualifiers remaining for 2012 the next venue to watch is Messingham Sands, Scunthorpe to see who will be the 12th qualifier winner to book their place in the Fish 'O' Mania grand final on 14 July 2012.
By the Same Author
- Welsh Carp Championships
- Chalk Stream Charter Launched This Week
- Take Someone Fishing this Bank Holiday Weekend - For FREE!
- Voluntary Bailiff Service – A Project Update on the Angling Trust’s Fight Against Poaching and Fish Theft
- Anglers Urged to Speak Up for the River Thames
- Match Fishing – Fish ‘O’ Mania 2013 Heat Ten
- Salmon and Trout Association Welcomes Marine Harvest Fish Farm Certification
- Angler’s Mail 21 May 2013
- Bait-Tech Launch 'Street Squad'
- Salmon and Trout Association reports Sainsbury’s to Advertising Standards Authority and Trading Standards