Free Fishing in Wales
The Severn Rivers Trust have reached an agreement with EA Wales whereby they will promote and manage their existing free fisheries in Wales.
The fisheries are:
A typical upper Severn water with very good winter grayling fishing it has both wooded and open sections, good pools and fast stickles. The beat enjoys good hatches of fly and the trout can, at times, be free rising but late evenings provide the best opportunities during the summer months or at times of low water. There are also occasional salmon present late in the season.
A main slower section of river above Penerth Weir with fishing primarily for chub, dace, grayling, brown trout and the occasional salmon.
A mainly open stretch with fishing for chub, dace and brown trout.
Full details and maps of the fisheries may be found HERE
By the Same Author
- Fly For Coarse 2015 gets off to a Perch-Tastic start!
- Operation CLAMP DOWN 3
- DHP Chairman David Hall has Passed Away
- Emma's Challenge - Part Nine
- Angler’s Mail 03 March 2015
- Chub Digital Scales
- ATr Enrol Wildlife Crime Man
- Carp Society Junior Carp Camp 2015
- Major Court Victory for Fish Legal
- Dynamite Baits – The Source