Free Fishing in Wales
The Severn Rivers Trust have reached an agreement with EA Wales whereby they will promote and manage their existing free fisheries in Wales.
The fisheries are:
A typical upper Severn water with very good winter grayling fishing it has both wooded and open sections, good pools and fast stickles. The beat enjoys good hatches of fly and the trout can, at times, be free rising but late evenings provide the best opportunities during the summer months or at times of low water. There are also occasional salmon present late in the season.
A main slower section of river above Penerth Weir with fishing primarily for chub, dace, grayling, brown trout and the occasional salmon.
A mainly open stretch with fishing for chub, dace and brown trout.
Full details and maps of the fisheries may be found HERE
By the Same Author
- Lure Fishing - World Championship Team Selection Trials
- World's Biggest Beach Angling Festival Celebrates 21st Birthday
- Fishing with Emma - Stalking a Chub Part Seven
- Angler’s Mail 04 March 2014
- An Evening with Dave Currell and Keith Speer
- Meetings Announced to Present Sea Angling 2012 Results
- Sea Fishing – Bass Anglers in Online Angling Forum Data Gathering Row
- Fishing with Emma - Stalking a Chub Part Six
- Angler’s Mail 25 February 2014
- Angler’s Mail 18 February 2014