Free Fishing in Wales
The Severn Rivers Trust have reached an agreement with EA Wales whereby they will promote and manage their existing free fisheries in Wales.
The fisheries are:
A typical upper Severn water with very good winter grayling fishing it has both wooded and open sections, good pools and fast stickles. The beat enjoys good hatches of fly and the trout can, at times, be free rising but late evenings provide the best opportunities during the summer months or at times of low water. There are also occasional salmon present late in the season.
A main slower section of river above Penerth Weir with fishing primarily for chub, dace, grayling, brown trout and the occasional salmon.
A mainly open stretch with fishing for chub, dace and brown trout.
Full details and maps of the fisheries may be found HERE
By the Same Author
- Fishing with Emma: Winter Carp - Part Twelve
- Major Improvements for River Kennet
- Angler’s Mail 25 November 2014
- Fish Legal Battle Reaches Court
- The RiverFest 2014 Final
- Fishing with Emma: Winter Carp - Part Eleven
- Anglers Challenge EU over Unacceptable Bass Proposals.
- Angling Trust RiverFest 2014
- FREE Learn How to Lure Fish for Perch Event
- Fishing with Emma: Winter Carp - Part Ten