Free Fishing in Wales
The Severn Rivers Trust have reached an agreement with EA Wales whereby they will promote and manage their existing free fisheries in Wales.
The fisheries are:
A typical upper Severn water with very good winter grayling fishing it has both wooded and open sections, good pools and fast stickles. The beat enjoys good hatches of fly and the trout can, at times, be free rising but late evenings provide the best opportunities during the summer months or at times of low water. There are also occasional salmon present late in the season.
A main slower section of river above Penerth Weir with fishing primarily for chub, dace, grayling, brown trout and the occasional salmon.
A mainly open stretch with fishing for chub, dace and brown trout.
Full details and maps of the fisheries may be found HERE
By the Same Author
- Emma's Challenge - Part 23
- CELEBRATE THE 16TH WITH AN EXTRA 10% OFF SALE PRICES!
- Clean up operation in full swing after deliberate fuel leak into Grand Union canal
- Emma's Challenge - Part 22
- Emma's Challenge - Part 21
- June Photo-Caption Competition!
- Angling Trust Announces New Freshwater Team Member
- Emma's Challenge - Part 20
- Angler’s Mail 26 May 2015
- The 20th Anniversary Barbel Society Show