Angling Trust Job Vacancy
The Angling Trust is seeking a new Chairman to lead the board of the organisation and oversee its continued development and expansion as the National Governing Body and unified representative organisation for coarse, game and sea angling in England.
Voluntary role. Travel expenses payable
The Trust and its sister organisation Fish Legal currently turn over about £2 million each year, but opportunities exist for it to expand by an order of magnitude in the next five years.
Applicants will need a keen commercial eye, good consensus-building skills, be well networked and comfortable operating at all levels including with business and political leaders. They should have experience at Board and Chair or equivalent level in either a substantial commercial or voluntary sector organisation and be familiar with UK environmental regulation and related governmental organisations.
The immediate priorities for the role are:
• continuing the success and momentum built following the Trust's launch in 2009;
• development of the Board and executive leadership team and governance systems;
• providing strategic guidance for the development of business strategies to maximise the resources available to the Trust and its delivery capability.
A job description and application form can be downloaded from the Trust’s website HERE
The appointment is expected to be from Autumn 2012 and recruitment will be conducted through the summer. All applicants should complete an application form and send it, along with a current CV, to firstname.lastname@example.org by Monday 02 July.
By the Same Author
- River Dredging Threat – Benyon Calms the Storm
- Merseyside County Championships 2013
- Carp Fishing – Issue 17 of the Carp Channel is now Live!
- Welsh Carp Championships
- Chalk Stream Charter Launched This Week
- Take Someone Fishing this Bank Holiday Weekend - For FREE!
- Voluntary Bailiff Service – A Project Update on the Angling Trust’s Fight Against Poaching and Fish Theft
- Anglers Urged to Speak Up for the River Thames
- Match Fishing – Fish ‘O’ Mania 2013 Heat Ten
- Salmon and Trout Association Welcomes Marine Harvest Fish Farm Certification