Fish O Mania – Latest Update
Report and results from the thirteenth Fish 'O' Mania qualifier, held at Partridge Lakes
After a promising forecast for the 13th Fish ‘O’ Mania qualifier the weather took a turn for the worse as the draw took place, leaving the anglers to face a cold, drizzly day that almost certainly affected the sport. That said Partridge Lakes, near Warrington, produced a cracking match.
Eleven of the thirteen sections were won with over 60lb and a quick calculation showed that the average weight per angler was over 26lb, even including 46 anglers who did not bother to weigh.
Top rod was Surrey angler, Ben Emery (Marukyu/Garbolino), a previous Fish ‘O’ Mania grand finalist in 2010. Ben drew Peg 16 on the Holbar 2 Pool and caught carp to 12lb to put 123lb 5oz on the scales. Early on he caught fishing shallow with 6mm pellet but as the day went on he switched to the left hand margin to take some better fish.
Runner up, on Holbar 1 Pool peg 9, was Peter Plant from Stone in Staffordshire. Peter fished caster shallow all day to take 81lb 11oz of carp to 8lb. Third spot went to Grant Albutt fishing Covey 48 who weighed in 78lb 10oz of F1’s and mirrors to 5lb taken shallow on caster and also on a short meat line. Simon Skelton took fourth place with 78lb 3oz and caught a mixture of ide, F1’s and carp to 5lb on pellet. In fifth place was Rob Pelling on Willow 19. Rob caught carp, ide and roach for a total of 76lb 6oz on soft hook pellet.
The 14th of the 16 Fish ‘O’ Mania qualifiers for this year moves to Preston Innovations' Boldings Fishery, Bridgnorth, Shropshire on Saturday 09 June
By the Same Author
- The Barbel Society, Barbel Show 2013
- Fobney Island Nature Reserve Opens
- Britain’s Biggest Pike
- Carp Fishing - The Essex Carp Championships
- Match Fishing – Angling Trust and Canal and River Trust Stillwater Championship 2013
- Record Salmon Lured by Rhino Spoon
- Eels Again - Fishermen Net Fines and Bans for Illegal Elver Fishing
- Match Fishing – Fish ‘O’Mania 2013 Heat Nine
- Carp Fishing – 50lb Common for Franck
- Salmon and Trout Association Appoint Fundraising Manager