New Fishing Superstore Opens in Newbury
While the country prepared to celebrate the Queen’s Diamond Jubilee the Angling Trust celebrated a rare event in the fishing world, the opening of a new tackle shop.
National Campaigns Coordinator Martin Salter joined fly angler Charles Jardine and Pallatrax boss Simon Pomeroy for the opening of the Newbury fishing superstore on Saturday 02 June.
Experience Fishing is a new concept in fishing retail and the 6000 square foot store caters for all types of fishing including carp, match and fly fishing with specialist sections for both barbel and predators.
Set up by Ben Bangham, England Rivers Champion 2010, OCA guide and level 2 coach and David Wrigley, angler and retail expert. All the staff are experienced fishermen and include former Kennet barbel record holder and local expert Paul Smythe and Lewis Hendrix a level 2 coach, England fly-fishing junior and current England rivers finalist.
Experience Fishing caters for all budgets and levels of angling experience and is perfectly situated in Newbury, the heart of fishing country with good transport links to the A34, M4, A303 and M3. It has everything the fisherman needs including: bait, bivvies, tackle, clothing and there is also a pole alley, giving people the opportunity to try out poles at full length.
Martin Salter said:
“At a time when tackle shops are closing how great it is to be celebrating the opening of not just a fishing shop but a 21st century Fishing Superstore that caters for all branches of our sport. The facilities are top class and the Angling Trust wishes Ben and Dave the best of luck in their new venture.”
Dave Wrigley said:
"It's fantastic to be able to open a fishing shop in the heart of such a great fishing area. Things have started well and we are looking forward to getting to know both the fishing and the people better over the coming years."
Address: Norman House, Hambridge Road, Newbury, RG14 5XA.
Telephone: 01635 31116
By the Same Author
- River Dredging Threat – Benyon Calms the Storm
- Merseyside County Championships 2013
- Carp Fishing – Issue 17 of the Carp Channel is now Live!
- Welsh Carp Championships
- Chalk Stream Charter Launched This Week
- Take Someone Fishing this Bank Holiday Weekend - For FREE!
- Voluntary Bailiff Service – A Project Update on the Angling Trust’s Fight Against Poaching and Fish Theft
- Anglers Urged to Speak Up for the River Thames
- Match Fishing – Fish ‘O’ Mania 2013 Heat Ten
- Salmon and Trout Association Welcomes Marine Harvest Fish Farm Certification