England Lady Fly Fishers – New Appointment
Surrey’s Janice Sharp takes over from Sue Shaw as the new Chair of the England Lady Fly Fishers.
Sue Shaw has been the Chair of the organisation for the past three years and showed a clear demonstration of her commitment, determination and intention to move ELFF through a complex phase when they changed from an independent association to become part of the Angling Trust. Sue still wants to take on an active role within the England ladies and so she will now occupy the position of Vice-Chair which has been vacant for a few years.
Janice Sharp has been a part of the England ladies for few years and recently gained another cap as an England International on the Lake of Menteith, Scotland. She became a committee member in 2010 with the objective of increasing participation of the England Lady Fly Fisher National Championships of which she is the co-ordinator.
Janice's plans are to lead the committee, aiming to get more help and support for the present and future England teams. Hopefully full sponsorship through the Angling Trust will become the norm thus enabling the team to concentrate on winning gold medals rather than trying to fundraise themselves.
By the Same Author
- River Dredging Threat – Benyon Calms the Storm
- Merseyside County Championships 2013
- Carp Fishing – Issue 17 of the Carp Channel is now Live!
- Welsh Carp Championships
- Chalk Stream Charter Launched This Week
- Take Someone Fishing this Bank Holiday Weekend - For FREE!
- Voluntary Bailiff Service – A Project Update on the Angling Trust’s Fight Against Poaching and Fish Theft
- Anglers Urged to Speak Up for the River Thames
- Match Fishing – Fish ‘O’ Mania 2013 Heat Ten
- Salmon and Trout Association Welcomes Marine Harvest Fish Farm Certification