New Chairman for Salmon and Trout Association
The trustees of the Salmon & Trout Association (S&TA) announce the appointment of Richard Bronks as the charity’s new Chairman.
Mr Bronks retired from the banking industry, where he spent the majority of his business career, in 2007. In the latter part of his career he co-managed Goldman Sachs’s Global Commodity Business as well as responsibility for Goldman’s European Emerging Markets Businesses (dealing in Russia, Eastern Europe, the Middle East and Africa). He has been a trustee of the S&TA since 2009 when he has headed the Fundraising Committee as well as taking an active role in promoting the S&TA’s aims and objectives.
“As an enthusiastic fisherman with two young children, I am firm believer in the S&TA’s work in protecting the aquatic environment for future generations to enjoy – whether or not they are anglers themselves.
Living in Hampshire I am particularly affected by the issues facing our historic southern chalk streams but, of course, our precious rivers are under threat nationwide, and it is my avowed intention to ensure that the S&TA continues to be a vocal and effective champion in this cause.”
Paul Knight, S&TA CEO, said:
“We are extremely lucky to have Mr. Bronks, who has been such a dedicated advocate for the S&TA and who has such a raft of business experience at the highest level, as our new Chairman. James Carr, his predecessor, pioneered key transformations, most notably our change to charitable status, and we are very grateful to have enjoyed his guidance for these past six years. Richard Bronks now takes over at an important point in the S&TA’s history, and he is assured of all our good wishes and support in the coming months.”
By the Same Author
- Welsh Carp Championships
- Chalk Stream Charter Launched This Week
- Take Someone Fishing this Bank Holiday Weekend - For FREE!
- Voluntary Bailiff Service – A Project Update on the Angling Trust’s Fight Against Poaching and Fish Theft
- Anglers Urged to Speak Up for the River Thames
- Match Fishing – Fish ‘O’ Mania 2013 Heat Ten
- Salmon and Trout Association Welcomes Marine Harvest Fish Farm Certification
- Angler’s Mail 21 May 2013
- Bait-Tech Launch 'Street Squad'
- Salmon and Trout Association reports Sainsbury’s to Advertising Standards Authority and Trading Standards