Match Fishing – Anglers with Disabilities National
Twenty anglers fished the Angling Trust Anglers with Disabilities National Championship at Aldershot’s Gold Valley Fishery.
The Angling trust report that the match was held on the causeway bank of Gold Lake where the anglers faced blustery but warm conditions, but after overnight rain the fish were generally in a dour mood and only fed sporadically during the day.
England International, Mark Eves used his local knowledge well to take a convincing victory from an unfancied peg at the far end of the lake with a total weight of 85lb 4oz. His catch comprised eight carp to 14lb taken on 8mm pellet with a method feeder fished to the rope; these were topped up with 38lb of silvers taken on worm and caster at 5m on the pole.
The runner up spot was shared as two anglers finished with 53lb. Dave Brent from Reading caught well from the start on the method and looked the likely winner for most of the match and ended with 12 carp, whilst Steve Parker from Newcastle under Lyme caught ten carp in the later stages, also on the method.
1st Mark Eves, Maidenhead 85lb 4oz
Jt. 2nd Dave Brent, Reading and Steve Parker, Newcastle under Lyme 53lb
4th Christopher Tea, Chigwell 46lb 2oz
5th Theresa Lewis, Putton 32lb 5oz
6th Paul Chudyk, Godalming 31lb 9oz
Section Winners: Mark Eves and Steve Parker.
By the Same Author
- The Barbel Society, Barbel Show 2013
- Fobney Island Nature Reserve Opens
- Britain’s Biggest Pike
- Carp Fishing - The Essex Carp Championships
- Match Fishing – Angling Trust and Canal and River Trust Stillwater Championship 2013
- Record Salmon Lured by Rhino Spoon
- Eels Again - Fishermen Net Fines and Bans for Illegal Elver Fishing
- Match Fishing – Fish ‘O’Mania 2013 Heat Nine
- Carp Fishing – 50lb Common for Franck
- Salmon and Trout Association Appoint Fundraising Manager