Rod Licences – Have you got yours?
A reminder from the Environment Agency about the need to purchase a rod licence before you fish; and information on where some of your licence money goes.
If you are aged 12 years or older and fishing in England, Wales or the Border Esk in Scotland then you are required to have a valid rod licence.
There are three ways to buy or renew your rod licence:
1. Online HERE
2. At any Post Office in England and Wales
3. Telephone 0844 800 5386
Revenue raised from rod licence sales is directly invested into improving fisheries. The top ten outcomes delivered with rod licence income are:
1. River and stillwater habitat enhancement and improving fish passage.
2. Promotion of good water quality and appropriate flows.
3. Disease prevention and control of non-native species.
4. Expert advice and scientific monitoring of the status of fish stocks.
5. Freshwater and coastal enforcement to combat illegal fishing.
6. Emergency incident response.
7. Protection of marine estuarine species.
8. Protection of endangered species.
9. Technical advice on planning and development.
10. Promotion of angling participation and the provision of all-ability access to the waterside.
By the Same Author
- Sea Fishing - New ATr Marine Region in Northumberland
- Thames Water Fined £41K for River Ash Pollution
- Match Fishing – Fish ‘O’ Mania 2013 Heat 15
- New River Season – Will Barnard
- Angler’s Mail 18 June 2013
- Win a Brilliant River Wye Session
- Environment Agency Fails to Investigate Fish Kills
- Severn Barrage Victory and Other Battles Won
- One in Five Salmon Farms Continue to Pollute the Sea Bed.
- Match Fishing – ATr / CRT Stillwater Championship 2013