River Eden Captured on Film
A new film about Cumbria’s River Eden has been commissioned by the Eden Rivers Trust.
The film, financed with funding from the government, features many people involved in the river in their everyday lives and has been made to show how important the river is to people, and the threats it faces in the future.
Among the many people who appear in the film are a woman who was flooded in Carlisle in 2005, a local land owner and fisherman, and a group of school children from Morland near Penrith who use the river for nature lessons.
Simon Johnson, Director of Eden Rivers Trust, said:
“This is a marvellous film and we hope as many people as possible will see it and become as enthused as we are about understanding and protecting the river for future generations.”
The film will be shown by Eden Rivers Trust in its mobile ‘minema’ (small cinema) at the following events this summer:
Penrith Show 28 July
Appleby Show 18 August
Carlisle Love Parks Week – 24 August @ Bitts Park
Eden Foodival Brough 26 August
The seven minute film can be seen HERE
Creation of the film is part of a new ‘River Eden Pilot Catchment Project’ which is being carried out by Eden Rivers Trust. This has come about because of the government’s aim to ensure that UK’s rivers meet the strict requirements of the European legislation known as the Water Framework Directive.
A national initiative invited organisations to apply to the government’s Department for Food and Rural Affairs (Defra) with ideas about innovative ways of protecting and managing rivers. Eden Rivers Trust was one of only 16 successful applicants nationwide, and this film is aimed at involving more people and organisations in the River Eden’s future.
By the Same Author
- Merseyside County Championships 2013
- Carp Fishing – Issue 17 of the Carp Channel is now Live!
- Welsh Carp Championships
- Chalk Stream Charter Launched This Week
- Take Someone Fishing this Bank Holiday Weekend - For FREE!
- Voluntary Bailiff Service – A Project Update on the Angling Trust’s Fight Against Poaching and Fish Theft
- Anglers Urged to Speak Up for the River Thames
- Match Fishing – Fish ‘O’ Mania 2013 Heat Ten
- Salmon and Trout Association Welcomes Marine Harvest Fish Farm Certification
- Angler’s Mail 21 May 2013