Get Hooked on Fishing – New CEO Announced
Jonathan Duncan steps down as General Manager of GHoF at the end of September and Sarah Collins has been appointed as the new CEO.
Jonathan Duncan started by establishing Get Hooked on Fishing in Scotland and then became General Manager in late 2010 when the charity was at a difficulty moment in its history. He rose to the challenge with commendable enthusiasm and, having ensured that things were on an even keel, set about growing the charity, and in particular developing Angling in a Box.
Sarah Collins has been appointed as the new CEO of this successful and expanding national charity. GHoF has become synonymous with high quality engagement with local communities and with enabling them to access the social and community benefits of angling.
John Milford QC, Chair of Trustees said:
“The trustees are extremely grateful to Jonathan for all that he has achieved during his time with GHoF. He rose to the challenge with commendable enthusiasm.
In the time that she has been with GHoF, Sarah has demonstrated that she has all the qualities needed for the role and the trustees are confident that she will build rapidly on what has been achieved thus far.”
Sarah Collins added:
“I am delighted to have been given this opportunity. Our GHoF Projects are nationwide and their teams of dedicated staff, volunteers and supporters have a massive positive impact on the lives of children, young people, their families and communities and are a true credit to the charity.
These are exciting and changing times in the world of angling participation and I am very much looking forward to GHoF having a significant role in planning for the future. We will be further developing our existing partnerships and also developing new and exciting ones in our pursuit of high quality angling experiences for all.”
By the Same Author
- Welsh Carp Championships
- Chalk Stream Charter Launched This Week
- Take Someone Fishing this Bank Holiday Weekend - For FREE!
- Voluntary Bailiff Service – A Project Update on the Angling Trust’s Fight Against Poaching and Fish Theft
- Anglers Urged to Speak Up for the River Thames
- Match Fishing – Fish ‘O’ Mania 2013 Heat Ten
- Salmon and Trout Association Welcomes Marine Harvest Fish Farm Certification
- Angler’s Mail 21 May 2013
- Bait-Tech Launch 'Street Squad'
- Salmon and Trout Association reports Sainsbury’s to Advertising Standards Authority and Trading Standards