Match Fishing – Angling Trust Masters
Eleven teams of six anglers competed for the coveted title in the 2012 Angling Trust Masters held at Mallory Park last weekend.
The event was spread out over the seven Glebe pools, the Foundation Lake and Mallory Big Lake and with all of the lakes fishing differently it was always going to be a real challenge for the competing teams; as it turned out it was a terrific event with 22 weights over 100lb.
With just one pound separating the top three individuals it was Adam Wakelin, fishing for Drennan, who took first place with a winning weight of 178lb 8oz taken from Foundation Lake on the feeder. Second place was tied with Aaron Morton (Total Fishing) and Dom Lanni (Marukyu Green) both netting 177lb 8oz.
The team event was always going to be a difficult one to call with so many big weights on the day but local knowledge paid off in the end and Marukyu Red won with 24 points. The team and their weights were: Chris Downs 152lb 8oz, John Hall 60lb 2oz, Jamie Adcock 133lb 6oz, Chris Allen 122lb, Gordon Parker 136lb and Steve Porter 99lb 8oz.
1st Marukyu Red - 24 points
2nd Total Fishing - 25 points
3rd Marukyu Green - 31 points
1st Adam Wakelin (Drennan) 178lb 8oz
2nd Aaron Moreton (Total Fishing) 177lb 8oz
3rd Dom Lanni (Marukyu Green) 177lb 8oz
By the Same Author
- River Dredging Threat – Benyon Calms the Storm
- Merseyside County Championships 2013
- Carp Fishing – Issue 17 of the Carp Channel is now Live!
- Welsh Carp Championships
- Chalk Stream Charter Launched This Week
- Take Someone Fishing this Bank Holiday Weekend - For FREE!
- Voluntary Bailiff Service – A Project Update on the Angling Trust’s Fight Against Poaching and Fish Theft
- Anglers Urged to Speak Up for the River Thames
- Match Fishing – Fish ‘O’ Mania 2013 Heat Ten
- Salmon and Trout Association Welcomes Marine Harvest Fish Farm Certification