Match Fishing - Division Two National Venue Vote
Following consultation with the Angling Trust, Division Two National Championship teams have voted in favour of keeping the event on ‘natural’ venues.
After receiving 26 replies from a possible 42 teams the votes in respect of venue choice were:
9 for Commercial fisheries
8 for Canals
2 for Rivers
7 for Canals and rivers
Despite commercial fisheries receiving the highest number of votes the Angling Trust have confirmed that in 2013 they will be holding the Division Two National Championship on a ‘natural’ venue. In a somewhat confusing press release the Trust appear to have confused ‘natural’ with ‘commercial stillwater’ since canals are by no means ‘natural’!
The Angling Trust state that the Competitions Committee will now look for a suitable venue for next year’s Division Two, as this year’s event was on a canal it is hoped that they can find a river venue with an appropriate HQ.
The Angling Trust will still be piloting a Commercial Stillwater Championship at Lindholme Lakes Fisheries on 17 August and believe it will be an exciting opportunity for teams who also take part in the Division One and Division Two National Championships to also fish.
By the Same Author
- Salmon and Trout Association Welcomes Marine Harvest Fish Farm Certification
- Angler’s Mail 21 May 2013
- Bait-Tech Launch 'Street Squad'
- Salmon and Trout Association reports Sainsbury’s to Advertising Standards Authority and Trading Standards
- The Barbel Society, Barbel Show 2013
- Fobney Island Nature Reserve Opens
- Britain’s Biggest Pike
- Carp Fishing - The Essex Carp Championships
- Match Fishing – Angling Trust and Canal and River Trust Stillwater Championship 2013
- Record Salmon Lured by Rhino Spoon