Sea Fishing – England take Silver in World Boat Champs
In a tough contest Tubertini-sponsored Team England performed very well indeed but narrowly missed out to the host nation, France.
In the event, held off Larochelle, France, the team completed the first day with three boat wins: Cliff Newbold, Colin Searles and Rolf Marschalek and two second places for Gary Galbraith and Ray Barron in what was a super opening day for the team, although the French, with four boat wins, did lead.
Day two saw Boat Team England taking the French team on head to head as four of the team fished against four of the French Team but, in a scratchy competition, local knowledge appeared to pay off and the French eventually returned home winners. There was, however, an excellent result for Rolf Marschalek who took silver overall in the individual event.
Overall Team Result
1. France 2 points
2. England 4 points
3. Croatia 7 points
4. Italy 8 points
5. Slovenia 10 points
6. Luxembourg 16 points
Overall Individual Result
1. Francis Couzinet France
2. Rolf Marschalek England
3. Julien Bayod France
4. Sylvain Ferachoglou France
5. Cliff Newbold England
6. Sebastien Gas France
By the Same Author
- Voluntary Bailiff Service – A Project Update on the Angling Trust’s Fight Against Poaching and Fish Theft
- Anglers Urged to Speak Up for the River Thames
- Match Fishing – Fish ‘O’ Mania 2013 Heat Ten
- Salmon and Trout Association Welcomes Marine Harvest Fish Farm Certification
- Angler’s Mail 21 May 2013
- Bait-Tech Launch 'Street Squad'
- Salmon and Trout Association reports Sainsbury’s to Advertising Standards Authority and Trading Standards
- The Barbel Society, Barbel Show 2013
- Fobney Island Nature Reserve Opens
- Britain’s Biggest Pike