The Angling Trust has reported the death of one of angling’s great organisers and administrators: Mike Childs
The ATr report:
It is with great sadness that we learn of the death of Mike Childs, a great angler who gave so much of his life to representing his country and organising international fly fishing competitions for both seniors and juniors.
Mike was central to the England international and world squads for many years and became a very successful team manager. In particular he developed close relationships with other European angling organisations, arranging many exchange trips for the senior and youth teams, and he also served as president of the International Fly Fishing Association.
Latterly he was the President of the England Youth Flyfishing Association and gave many years to supporting the younger generation of anglers through national and international competitions. Mike will be sadly missed by so many anglers across the world and our thoughts are with his wife Valerie.
Mike's funeral will be held on Tuesday 02 October 2012 at 11.00 and will take place at St Francis RC Church, 110 Warwick Road, Kenilworth CV8 1HL. The service will be followed by cremation.
Mike's family have stressed that all Mike's fishing friends from over the years are very welcome but have asked that no flowers are sent, instead they have kindly suggested that any donations can be made in his memory to England Youth Fly-fishing.
Any donations can be sent to the EYF Treasurer, 23 Fines Road, Medomsley, Consett, Co Durham DH8 6QR (cheques made payable to Angling Trust).
By the Same Author
- Merseyside County Championships 2013
- Carp Fishing – Issue 17 of the Carp Channel is now Live!
- Welsh Carp Championships
- Chalk Stream Charter Launched This Week
- Take Someone Fishing this Bank Holiday Weekend - For FREE!
- Voluntary Bailiff Service – A Project Update on the Angling Trust’s Fight Against Poaching and Fish Theft
- Anglers Urged to Speak Up for the River Thames
- Match Fishing – Fish ‘O’ Mania 2013 Heat Ten
- Salmon and Trout Association Welcomes Marine Harvest Fish Farm Certification
- Angler’s Mail 21 May 2013