Fulling Mill Job Vacancy
Fulling Mill, the largest and best known manufacturer and distributer of fishing flies in the UK, is currently seeking to recruit an Operations Manager.
As reported on our sister site, Fly Fishing Forums, Fulling Mill is looking to recruit a new staff member and details of the opportunity, as outlined by Fulling Mill, are provided below:
Uniquely, Fulling Mill Limited owns its own factory in Kenya, and hence has full control of its supply chain. With a history spanning back over 70 years, the Company has a depth of experience and know-how which is unrivalled in the industry. Today, the Company has a distribution operation in the US, servicing Orvis Inc. and its customers (both dealers and end customers) and sells its flies and accessories throughout Europe and the rest of the world.
Most importantly, we are growing and we are currently looking for an Operations Manager to support our growth.
Reporting into the Managing Director and working closely with the Technical Manager, the Operations Manager will be responsible for:
• the purchasing of materials needed for the manufacture of the flies
• the overall warehousing of all products
• the production scheduling at our factory in Kenya
• the inventory / quality control of all products
• the logistics of getting primary materials to the factory and transporting the end products to the UK and the US.
Requirements for the role
You will enjoy and have a good knowledge of fly fishing and fly dressing, recognise the benefits of supreme quality, have excellent computer skills (especially Excel), and are able to travel internationally at least two or three times a year. You are experienced working with people from shop floor to board room, with the ability to work to tight deadlines and use time efficiently. You can demonstrate accuracy and thoroughness whilst looking for ways to improve and promote quality. You will quickly define this role and with your organisational skills, help to streamline the systems, improve forecasting and reporting and become an integral part of our small team.
This full time position is based at our head offices in Surrey. Remuneration will be based on experience, and benefits include pension scheme, travel and life assurance, performance bonuses, generous holidays, and excellent future prospects.
How to Apply
Applications should be addressed to William.firstname.lastname@example.org with the following documents (word or PDF) attached to your e-mail:
1. A full curriculum vitae
2. A letter explaining why you would like this opportunity
3. Your salary expectations
By the Same Author
- Welsh Carp Championships
- Chalk Stream Charter Launched This Week
- Take Someone Fishing this Bank Holiday Weekend - For FREE!
- Voluntary Bailiff Service – A Project Update on the Angling Trust’s Fight Against Poaching and Fish Theft
- Anglers Urged to Speak Up for the River Thames
- Match Fishing – Fish ‘O’ Mania 2013 Heat Ten
- Salmon and Trout Association Welcomes Marine Harvest Fish Farm Certification
- Angler’s Mail 21 May 2013
- Bait-Tech Launch 'Street Squad'
- Salmon and Trout Association reports Sainsbury’s to Advertising Standards Authority and Trading Standards