Perch Fishing – More Stripes for Stagg
Alan Stagg has been back at his perch venue and getting amongst the fish yet again.
Following on from his previous report Alan Stagg has been back in touch with another catch report; here at FM we think we will be hearing a lot more from Alan this winter.
Alan relates his latest catch in his own words:
“I've been dabbling on a small southern stillwater, and managed fish weighing 2lb 10oz, 2lb 12oz, 2lb 14oz, 3lb and 3lb 7oz in the last two sessions. It’s a mega long journey from my home in Basingstoke and is costing me a small fortune, but it could certainly produce a good un...a REALLY good un!!
Successful tactics have been spodding a mix of red maggots, chopped worm and prawns, with plenty of soil added that the worms have been kept in, to form a nice cloud in the water. This also aids as a target making sure your hook bait can be positioned accurately on top of the feed. Hook baits have been king prawns soaked in Enterprise Tackle’s Worm and Shrimp flavour.
Tackle is fairly simply as always: 6lb Hyro Flo main line, 1oz running lead, 12 inches of 5lb Gardner Target Fluorocarbon as a hook length and a size 8 Wide Gape Talon Tip hook. I’m fishing long drops on light bobbins and the bites have been really confident.”
By the Same Author
- River Dredging Threat – Benyon Calms the Storm
- Merseyside County Championships 2013
- Carp Fishing – Issue 17 of the Carp Channel is now Live!
- Welsh Carp Championships
- Chalk Stream Charter Launched This Week
- Take Someone Fishing this Bank Holiday Weekend - For FREE!
- Voluntary Bailiff Service – A Project Update on the Angling Trust’s Fight Against Poaching and Fish Theft
- Anglers Urged to Speak Up for the River Thames
- Match Fishing – Fish ‘O’ Mania 2013 Heat Ten
- Salmon and Trout Association Welcomes Marine Harvest Fish Farm Certification