Indian Angling Adventure - And the Winner is...
We are delighted to announce that the FM reader who will be visiting India and fishing KRS Dam with Joe of Mahseer Angling Adventures is
Many congratulations Paul - one of a large number of entries - and one of the relatively few entrants who got the last of the three questions correct!
Paul tells us that:
“I have been fishing since I was five years old; I began as a pleasure angler, guided by my older brother, and was hooked from then on. I progressed later on into specimen hunting for tench, bream and barbel and then into carp fishing.
I have caught and landed a lot of tench, my personal best being 9lb 4oz, I’ve had bream over 6lb, carp over 30lb and my biggest barbel are 12lb 8oz and 13lb 6oz, caught close to where I live on the Great Ouse in north Bedfordshire.
I have been to India before but only as a traveller and was able to fish a little of the coast in Goa. My only fishing adventure trip abroad was to Ireland for a two week fishing trip around 16 years ago. It has always been a dream lodged at the back of my mind to have the opportunity to visit India with fishing tackle and fish for mahseer, so thank you very much FM and Mahseer Sports and Adventures!”
We hope Paul will furnish us with a few words and pictures from his trip in due course.
By the Same Author
- River Dredging Threat – Benyon Calms the Storm
- Merseyside County Championships 2013
- Carp Fishing – Issue 17 of the Carp Channel is now Live!
- Welsh Carp Championships
- Chalk Stream Charter Launched This Week
- Take Someone Fishing this Bank Holiday Weekend - For FREE!
- Voluntary Bailiff Service – A Project Update on the Angling Trust’s Fight Against Poaching and Fish Theft
- Anglers Urged to Speak Up for the River Thames
- Match Fishing – Fish ‘O’ Mania 2013 Heat Ten
- Salmon and Trout Association Welcomes Marine Harvest Fish Farm Certification