Barbel Fishing - Barbel Tales, from the Barbel Society
The Barbel Society announce the publication of what they describe as a 'milestone' book on barbel and barbel fishing.
Described by the Barbel Society as “Probably the most definitive book on barbel and barbel fishing ever produced.” This new book is a celebration of barbel fishing and of the impact and successes of the Barbel Society in the last fifteen years.
The book is a rich blend of the best of articles published in the renowned Barbel Fisher magazine and of guest chapters written by a long list of barbel anglers, both those with long-established reputations and with contributions from a host of modern writers.
There are over 300 pages of barbel fishing stories, advice on baits, rigs and tactics, and this detailed work will include a mine of information on a range of barbel fisheries and rivers.
Guest writers include: Peter Wheat, Fred Crouch, Steve Pope, Pete Reading, John Wilson, Neill Stephen, Dean Macey, Phil Smith, Phil Buckingham, Len Arbery, Bob Buteux, Rob Swindells, Dave Steuart, Ade Kiddell, Simon Asbury and Jon Berry
The book will be published in June 2013 and launched at the Barbel Show on 09 June but copies are available to pre-order on the Barbel Society website HERE with a total of 50 leather bound copies at £180 including p&p and 1000 hardbacks at £35 including p&p
The first 500 hardbacks are numbered and reserved for members only and members may purchase both leather and hardback at a reduced rate of £200 including p&p.
By the Same Author
- New Award for Filming our Invisible Freshwater World
- Fishing with Emma - Canal Pike: Part Five
- Double Gold for Team England
- Guidance for Anglers Reporting Offences to the Police
- Angler’s Mail 22 July 2014
- BSafe – A New Generation of Fish-Safe Nets
- Fishing with Emma - Canal Pike: Part Four
- Angler’s Mail 15 July 2014
- Protect Your Park and Public Fishing
- Gardener’s Out – After 27 Years