Lure Fishing – Huge Zander on the Freddy Shad
Zebco’s specialist large zander lure is doing the business with some spectacular catches – just check out the size of this ‘dream’ zander
Having logged eight large zander by the end of January, Quantum Specialist team angler Fredrik Harbort continued to have luck on his side at another water this month too.
On a mild and very stormy morning, he managed to land a powerfully built 90cm long zander on his very first vertical drift. The successful lure was the 20cm long Freddie Shad, which Fredrik had embellished with a marker on its forked tail on account of the murky water and weather.
Zebco Europe Product Manager Jürgen Masuch is delighted with the lure's performance:
"Since its launch, we have regularly heard of spectacular catches with this large zander lure designed by Fredrik himself. We have had catch reports of numerous metre-long zander and countless fish over 90cm. Reason enough to offer the lure as of now in 17 and 20cm long versions in addition to the 12cm perch size, as well as in new quality and a variety of new colours."
A good decision as it transpired as, just hours after taking a few more nice zander, Fredrik landed another true dream fish of 98cm in length and with a huge abdominal girth. The take came at a water temperature of 4 degrees and a depth of just under seven metres.
By the Same Author
- Team England Crash to 16th Place in the 2014 World Championship
- Fishing with Emma: Winter Carp - Part Four
- Angler’s Mail 30 September 2014
- Preparation, Preparation, Preparation: Tony’s Specialist Scene
- The Angling Trust – Have Your Say
- Fishing with Emma: Winter Carp - Part Three
- Green Light for Thames Super Sewer
- The Tunny Club Exhibition
- Free Fishing at Walthamstow Reservoir
- Scotland Heads to the Lowland Canals…as well as to the Polls!