Sea Fishing – European Open Beach Championship Update
Due to adverse weather conditions the boundaries of the 2013 competition, to be held this weekend, have been extended
Due to the probable adverse weather conditions this weekend EY Events have made the decision to extend the competition boundaries for the European Open Beach Championship 2013 for both days – Saturday 09 and Sunday 10 March.
The new boundary will now run from North Marine Promenade, Bridlington to the Humber Bridge on the River Humber (north bank of the River Humber only).
Competitors should note Rule 5 of the General Rules will now not apply to this extended boundary of the north bank of the river from Pilot Jetty at Spurn Point to the Humber Bridge. All other general rules and competition rules still apply.
Due to the forecasted adverse weather conditions all anglers are urged to take extra caution when fishing the competition and to follow the safety rules.
The record breaking European Open Beach Championship is Europe’s largest beach angling festival and, despite the forecasts, is on course to smash more milestones this year with a huge number of entries for this year’s 20th anniversary competition with its £35K prize pot and the chance for the winner to drive away in a new Peugeot 107.
The weekend starts on Friday 08 March with the eagerly anticipated EOBC Flattie Bash held on Hornsea North Beach and this is the ideal preparation for the weekend’s main competition held on Saturday 09 and Sunday 10 March.
By the Same Author
- Emma's Challenge - Part 23
- CELEBRATE THE 16TH WITH AN EXTRA 10% OFF SALE PRICES!
- Clean up operation in full swing after deliberate fuel leak into Grand Union canal
- Emma's Challenge - Part 22
- Emma's Challenge - Part 21
- June Photo-Caption Competition!
- Angling Trust Announces New Freshwater Team Member
- Emma's Challenge - Part 20
- Angler’s Mail 26 May 2015
- The 20th Anniversary Barbel Society Show