Match Fishing – Winter League First Southern Semi Final
Report and results from the first Angling Trust Winter League southern semi final fished at Gold Valley.
Cold but otherwise perfect conditions greeted the 100 competitors at the first southern semi final of the Angling Trust Winter League fished at Gold Valley Lakes, Aldershot.
It was a slow start for most and unfortunately there were a few blanks as the carp were still tightly shoaled, but otherwise the match produced some excellent weights throughout the venue.
The winner came from the Bungalow Lake where Pete Goodman banked 17 carp to 9kg by fishing the pellet cone up to the rope, Pete’s total of 56.160kg was well clear of second placed venue expert and Dorking star, Mark Goddard, who caught 14 carp on pole and pellet for 37.660kg. Third place went to Gary O’ Shea, fishing on the canal bank of Gold Lake, who fished corn on the straight bomb for 36.200kg.
On the day favourites, Team Daiwa Dorking, put in an excellent performance and took the first qualifying place with 83 points. The other qualifiers for the River Trent Final on 6th July were Monk Lakes Blue with 72 points, and Preston Innovations Delcac who qualified despite two blanks.
1st Pete Goodman, PI Delcac - 56.160kg
2nd Mark Goddard, Team Daiwa Dorking - 37.660kg
3rd Gary O’Shea , PI Thatchers - 36.200kg
1st Team Daiwa Dorking - 83 points
2nd Monk Lakes Blue - 72 points
3rd PI Delcac – 59 points
By the Same Author
- First TideFest is a Great Success
- Thames Fishery Research Experiment 2014
- Team England Crash to 16th Place in the 2014 World Championship
- Fishing with Emma: Winter Carp - Part Four
- Angler’s Mail 30 September 2014
- Preparation, Preparation, Preparation: Tony’s Specialist Scene
- The Angling Trust – Have Your Say
- Fishing with Emma: Winter Carp - Part Three
- Green Light for Thames Super Sewer
- The Tunny Club Exhibition