Lymm Angling Club Acquire Bridgewater Canal Fishing Rights
Lymm Angling Club have announced they now hold the fishing rights to over four miles of the Bridgewater Canal, from Waterloo Bridge in Runcorn town to Crawley's Bridge at Preston Brook Marina.
From 01 March 2013 the club’s 1600 strong membership can enjoy this prime location, which is regarded by many as one of the most prolific canal stretches for specimen-sized fish in the north-west of England.
The length has an excellent pedigree, having produced carp over 30lb, pike over 20lb, bream and tench over 8lb and perch over 3lb, all backed up by good numbers of roach to over the magical 2lb mark. Fishing to features such as moored boats, bridges or lily pads is the key to locating the fish and it is said to be very worthwhile putting up with the boat traffic during the summer months as the disturbance caused rarely has any impact on feeding fish. Specimen hunters can roam along the length to hunt their quarry whilst pleasure and match anglers can build up swims slowly to attract the shoals of big roach and bream.
Neil Boaz Chairman and Fisheries Manager of Lymm Angling Club said:
“As well as securing these rights for our members, we are hoping to attract new members to the club who have fished the canal over the years. We will have a vigorous bailiffing program with co-operation from the Environment Agency and local authorities to reduce anti-social behaviour around the canal.”
Match booking are now being taken at £3 per peg with from 3 to 100-200 pegs available from the Club Secretary on 07930 390332 or email email@example.com
Runcorn Angling Centre members will be permitted to fish the stretch until 31 March 2013 after which a Lymm AC membership permit is required. There is a special Bridgewater Canal only permit available for £20 which is valid until 31 December and all memberships are available on-line HERE
For further details visit the Lymm AC website
By the Same Author
- Men ordered to pay more than £1,400 for illegal fishing: a reminder...
- WIN Oakley Sunglasses with FM and Shade Station
- Whales sculpture highlights threat of plastic pollution to oceans
- Emma's Challenge - Part 23
- CELEBRATE THE 16TH WITH AN EXTRA 10% OFF SALE PRICES!
- Clean up operation in full swing after deliberate fuel leak into Grand Union canal
- Emma's Challenge - Part 22
- Emma's Challenge - Part 21
- June Photo-Caption Competition!
- Angling Trust Announces New Freshwater Team Member