Sea Fishing - Ten Worm Challenge Result
Results from the unique shore-based sea fishing event that is considered to be the ‘ultimate test of sea fishing skill’.
The Ten Worm Challenge was fished last weekend and was won by regular FishingMagic diarist, Folkestone's Alan Yates, who managed to catch an amazing 32 fish on the allotted ration of just ten Llgworms. We hope Alan will be telling us a little more about how he approached the event in his next FM sea fishing diary.
Every angler competing caught fish and species landed included: codling, bass, plaice, flounder, dab, whiting, pouting and rockling – not at all bad for a grim and cold March day!
The event runner up was Mark Howard from Peene who managed 11 fish, with both Alan and Mark electing to fish at Dungeness. Both anglers are pictured above with their trophies.
The event raised £105 for the RNLI.
By the Same Author
- Lure Fishing - World Championship Team Selection Trials
- World's Biggest Beach Angling Festival Celebrates 21st Birthday
- Fishing with Emma - Stalking a Chub Part Seven
- Angler’s Mail 04 March 2014
- An Evening with Dave Currell and Keith Speer
- Meetings Announced to Present Sea Angling 2012 Results
- Sea Fishing – Bass Anglers in Online Angling Forum Data Gathering Row
- Fishing with Emma - Stalking a Chub Part Six
- Angler’s Mail 25 February 2014
- Angler’s Mail 18 February 2014