Sea Fishing - Ten Worm Challenge Result
Results from the unique shore-based sea fishing event that is considered to be the ‘ultimate test of sea fishing skill’.
The Ten Worm Challenge was fished last weekend and was won by regular FishingMagic diarist, Folkestone's Alan Yates, who managed to catch an amazing 32 fish on the allotted ration of just ten Llgworms. We hope Alan will be telling us a little more about how he approached the event in his next FM sea fishing diary.
Every angler competing caught fish and species landed included: codling, bass, plaice, flounder, dab, whiting, pouting and rockling – not at all bad for a grim and cold March day!
The event runner up was Mark Howard from Peene who managed 11 fish, with both Alan and Mark electing to fish at Dungeness. Both anglers are pictured above with their trophies.
The event raised £105 for the RNLI.
By the Same Author
- Angler’s Mail 30 September 2014
- Preparation, Preparation, Preparation: Tony’s Specialist Scene
- The Angling Trust – Have Your Say
- Fishing with Emma: Winter Carp - Part Three
- Green Light for Thames Super Sewer
- The Tunny Club Exhibition
- Free Fishing at Walthamstow Reservoir
- Scotland Heads to the Lowland Canals…as well as to the Polls!
- World Boat Championships – Stewards Needed!
- Fishing wth Emma: Winter Carp - Part Two