Sea Fishing - Ten Worm Challenge Result
Results from the unique shore-based sea fishing event that is considered to be the ‘ultimate test of sea fishing skill’.
The Ten Worm Challenge was fished last weekend and was won by regular FishingMagic diarist, Folkestone's Alan Yates, who managed to catch an amazing 32 fish on the allotted ration of just ten Llgworms. We hope Alan will be telling us a little more about how he approached the event in his next FM sea fishing diary.
Every angler competing caught fish and species landed included: codling, bass, plaice, flounder, dab, whiting, pouting and rockling – not at all bad for a grim and cold March day!
The event runner up was Mark Howard from Peene who managed 11 fish, with both Alan and Mark electing to fish at Dungeness. Both anglers are pictured above with their trophies.
The event raised £105 for the RNLI.
By the Same Author
- Fishing with Emma: Winter Carp - Part Twelve
- Major Improvements for River Kennet
- Angler’s Mail 25 November 2014
- Fish Legal Battle Reaches Court
- The RiverFest 2014 Final
- Fishing with Emma: Winter Carp - Part Eleven
- Anglers Challenge EU over Unacceptable Bass Proposals.
- Angling Trust RiverFest 2014
- FREE Learn How to Lure Fish for Perch Event
- Fishing with Emma: Winter Carp - Part Ten