Match Fishing - Fish O Mania 2013
Report and results from the first Fish ‘O’ Mania Qualifier of 2013, held on Somerset's Viaduct Fishery.
Andy Power (Preston Innovations Thatcher’s) had contemplated a lie in for the first Fish ‘O’ Mania qualifier of 2013 as he was only 17th place on the reserve list on the day, but due to a no show Andy went on not just to compete in the match – but to win at Viaduct Fishery, Somerset.
Drawing peg 97 on Cary Lake, on what is his local fishery, former Maver 'Match This' winner Andy made contact with his first fish within a matter of minutes. Fishing bomb and pellet he took several more fish before switching to the pellet waggler with 10mm pellets fished at depth and he never looked back taking 19 carp to 16lb to record a winning weight of 179lb 14oz.
Adam Rumble (Maver Gold Bag-em Baits) of Featherstone came second, with an all carp catch of 120lb 7oz from peg 114 taken on the bomb with 8mm pellets; Adam took fish to 15lb.
In third place was Adam Mitchell (Browning West Wales) of Swansea on peg 115 who fished mainly bread on the both bomb and waggler to record 103lb 8oz. David White, a member of Viaduct Select, fished the pole and pellet to take fourth place with 101lb 12oz. In fifth place was Adam Smith (Keynsham AA) who fished the bomb with pellet from his favourite peg 125 at Viaduct to record a weight of 100lb 09oz.
Qualifier number two will be held at Preston Innovations Boldings, Bridgnorth this forthcoming weekend.
By the Same Author
- Multiple Rod Licencing - Is it Time for a Change?
- Fishing with Emma: Winter Carp - Part Seven
- Angler’s Mail 21 October 2014
- Review: How to Flyfish from Newcomer to Improver
- Fishing with Emma: Winter Carp - Part Six
- Regent’s Fish Rescue
- Angler’s Mail, 14 October 2014
- Marijuana Could Wipe out Salmon…
- Banning Eastern European Anglers…
- Recognition for the Social and Economic Benefits of Sea Angling