Broads Authority gets Angling Representative
Environment Secretary Owen Patterson has appointed two new members to the Broads Authority, the organisation which provides the national voice and has strategic responsibility for conservation, recreation, navigation, planning and access in the Broads.
The Angling Trust report that:
One of these appointees is Kelvin Allen from Downham Market, who is the Regional Chair of the Angling Trust and sits on many of the Environment Agency and Angling Trust’s national and regional committees.
Kelvin is a member of the Broads Angling Strategy Group, a partnership of local anglers, the Broads Authority and Environment Agency who work together to develop angling in the Broads, and he has excellent environmental knowledge and contacts across the region; additionally he has fished every week since his teenage years in the Broads and the Fens.
"I feel that I can make a major contribution to the Broads Authority through enhancing and building stronger partnerships particularly in the angling sector which supports over £80m to the local economy alone within the Broads."
By the Same Author
- Float to Fly on the Wye
- English and Welsh Salmon Stocks ‘Crash’
- Record Fly-Caught Coarse Fish List
- Plymouth Lure Festival
- Fishing With Emma - Canal Pike: Part Six
- Angler’s Mail 29 July 2014
- Scottish Sea Anglers Win Skate Protection
- Herefordshire Country Fair 2014
- Match Fishing - Winter League Changes Announced
- New Award for Filming our Invisible Freshwater World