Broads Authority gets Angling Representative
Environment Secretary Owen Patterson has appointed two new members to the Broads Authority, the organisation which provides the national voice and has strategic responsibility for conservation, recreation, navigation, planning and access in the Broads.
The Angling Trust report that:
One of these appointees is Kelvin Allen from Downham Market, who is the Regional Chair of the Angling Trust and sits on many of the Environment Agency and Angling Trust’s national and regional committees.
Kelvin is a member of the Broads Angling Strategy Group, a partnership of local anglers, the Broads Authority and Environment Agency who work together to develop angling in the Broads, and he has excellent environmental knowledge and contacts across the region; additionally he has fished every week since his teenage years in the Broads and the Fens.
"I feel that I can make a major contribution to the Broads Authority through enhancing and building stronger partnerships particularly in the angling sector which supports over £80m to the local economy alone within the Broads."
By the Same Author
- Green Light for Thames Super Sewer
- The Tunny Club Exhibition
- Free Fishing at Walthamstow Reservoir
- Scotland Heads to the Lowland Canals…as well as to the Polls!
- World Boat Championships – Stewards Needed!
- Fishing wth Emma: Winter Carp - Part Two
- Angler’s Mail 16 September 2014
- TideFest Access to a ‘Secret’ Thames Island
- Review: Dirty Dog Clank Sunglasses
- Fishing with Emma: Winter Carp - Part One