Match Fishing – Fish ‘O’ Mania 2013 Heat Three
Report and results from round three of Fish O Mania 2013 fished at Makin’s Fishery, Nuneaton.
With the rise in temperatures during the preceding week the expectations for a really good match at the third Fish ‘O’ Mania qualifier were high at the draw. Unfortunately the wind strengthened during the day and, at times, was positively frightening. This severely restricted tactics and as a result many anglers were simply unable to get the best out of their pegs and several pole sections became casualties of the ferocious gusts.
Even so over 30lb was needed to win ten of the 13 ten-peg sections and the top six anglers averaged almost 70lb a man.
Top rod was Doncaster’s Craig Jones (Marukyu), fishing his first Fish ‘O’ Mania qualifier, who put a splendid 99lb 8oz on the scales from Peg A13 on Lake 2. Craig only had a dozen fish, the biggest weighing around 15lb, mostly caught on the method feeder fished tight to the island with an odd fish coming to the bomb, with 8mm pellet hookbaits.
Runner up was the ever-consistent Grant Albutt (Dorking), who caught mainly carp to 8lb from peg 21 on Lake 5. Grant caught mostly on both meat and maggots fishing the bomb, and then later on down the margin. Incredibly Granth has finished in second spot in seven qualifiers now, and surely must make it to the grand final soon!
Third with an excellent 74lbs 15oz was 18 year old Adam Logan from Ilkeston. Adam fished meat close in at Lizard peg 29 taking carp to 15lb. Jamie Hughes was fourth with 74lb 10oz at A4 on Lake 2 just a carp ahead of Richard Woodsford who weighed 68lb 6oz further along the same bank at A15.
By the Same Author
- Men ordered to pay more than £1,400 for illegal fishing: a reminder...
- WIN Oakley Sunglasses with FM and Shade Station
- Whales sculpture highlights threat of plastic pollution to oceans
- Emma's Challenge - Part 23
- CELEBRATE THE 16TH WITH AN EXTRA 10% OFF SALE PRICES!
- Clean up operation in full swing after deliberate fuel leak into Grand Union canal
- Emma's Challenge - Part 22
- Emma's Challenge - Part 21
- June Photo-Caption Competition!
- Angling Trust Announces New Freshwater Team Member