Match Fishing – Fish ‘O’ Mania 2013 Heat Four
Report and results from round four of Fish 'O' Mania 2013 fished at Colemans Cottage, Essex.
A sharp overnight frost greeted competitors in the fourth Fish ‘O’ Mania qualifier at Colemans Cottage Fishery, Essex and this slowed things right up for quite a few anglers. Although first and second placed rods, Les Thompson and Marc Jones started catching from the start.
Former Fish ‘O’ Mania finalist and reigning Maver ‘Match This’ champion, Les Thompson, drew the much fancied peg 4 on Copse Lake and fished pellet shallow on long pole to net carp to 5lb in his winning 167lb net. Les made his long trip from the West Midlands very worthwhile especially as it was his first visit to the qualifying venue.
In runners up spot was a former Fish ‘O’ Mania Champion, Marc Jones from Wakefield. Marc drew peg 1 on Wood Lake where he fished pellets on long pole to a small island, and short down the edge to land carp to 7lb and some F1s for his 143 lb net.
Third place went to Godmanchester angler Ricky Young representing Browning Hot Rods. Ricky fished pellet shallow for 132lb 8oz net of carp to 10 lb. In fourth place was former Fish ‘O’ Mania finalist Geoff Valance (Preston Innovations Delcac), who fished dead maggots down the edge on Wood 17 for his net of carp and barbel for 131lb 5oz.
On the day Wood, Copse and Pathfield Lakes fished very well with the lowest of the eight ten-peg section weights 72lb 8oz, with seven anglers weighing over the ton. Stepfield Lake, however, was rather off form and most anglers struggled for the odd fish.
By the Same Author
- North East Anglers Under the EA Spotlight
- Browning ‘Warhorse’ Classic Pole Match
- Fishdeal Update - Are you a Winner?
- Sportfish – Grab a Catalogue and a Great Discount
- Fishing with Emma - The Monster in the Pool: Part Five
- Angler’s Mail 22 April 2014
- England U18 World Championship Squad Announced
- Hydropower - Lune Scheme Approved Despite Fishery Harm
- Sale of Invasive Water Plants Now Banned
- Fishing with Emma - The Monster in the Pool: Part Four