River Test ‘One Fly’ Winners
Chris Tarrant and the Dream Team win the ‘One Fly’ competition again…but only just!
This year’s Dream Team of Chris Tarrant, Geoffrey Palmer and Chris Sandford managed to defend their winning title from the last ‘One Fly’ competition, by coming joint first with the ‘Fly Fish Map’ team, each with an equal 1510 points.
Organiser Simon Cooper sent off ten teams of three from The Peat Spade in Longstock, to 30 different chalkstream beats. All participants knew that they could fish with only one fly, and if they lost it, they were out!
In the last ‘One Fly’ competition, the winning fly was Chris Sandford’s ‘Ducking Feadly’ This time he presented the team with his new, ‘Bee-Bee-Gee-Bee’ - The ‘Bug Bond Glass Bug’.
“My first job was to design a fly that was virtually indestructible, heavy enough to search those deep runs, but also to stay within the rules of the competition.”
Chris Tarrant commented:
“I’m thrilled to have won it again! It was a really difficult, windy day and we all found it tough, but I’m sure the ‘Bee-Bee-Gee-Bee’ made a big difference!”
When Geoffrey was asked to comment on his role in the winning team, he said:
“Can I go home now?”
By the Same Author
- Scotland Heads to the Lowland Canals…as well as to the Polls!
- World Boat Championships – Stewards Needed!
- Fishing wth Emma: Winter Carp - Part Two
- Angler’s Mail 16 September 2014
- TideFest Access to a ‘Secret’ Thames Island
- Review: Dirty Dog Clank Sunglasses
- Fishing with Emma: Winter Carp - Part One
- National Fishing Month 2014 was ‘Absolutely Fabulous’
- Angler’s Mail 09 Sept 2014
- TideFest – Full Programme of Events Announced