Salmon and Trout Association Appoint Fundraising Manager
The Salmon and Trout Association has announced that Gale Gould will join them as its first ever Fundraising Manager on 20 May.
This is the first time the Association has employed a full-time professional fundraiser and the appointment demonstrates the growing importance and widening of its funding base. Gale, a chartered member of the Institute of Fundraising, was previously Head of Marketing, PR and Funding for the Hawk Conservancy Trust near Andover for the past five years.
Paul Knight, S&TA CEO said:
“We are delighted to have Gale join our team. She comes with a wide experience recently in raising funds for an organisation very similar to ours - a charity (Hawk Conservancy) specialising in the conservation of species and habitats that has its roots in a country sport.
Historically, S&TA relied mainly on membership subscriptions to finance its work. Now, our greater focus on individual projects and campaigns has meant that, while membership continues to cover our core work, grants, donations and legacies are becoming increasingly important in providing the extra resources we need to support our robust legal and scientific approach to tackling issues affecting our rivers, lakes and fish.
Gale’s professionalism and experience will be invaluable in developing this new area of funding for us.”
"I am thrilled to be taking up this exciting new challenge and look forward very much to working with the Trustees, members and team at S&TA to radically expand income generation for the Association."
Prior to the Hawk Conservancy, Gale worked for the Macular Disease Society on its Legacy programme and, previous to that, in various marketing roles for Salisbury District Council, including tourism.
By the Same Author
- Men ordered to pay more than Â£1,400 for illegal fishing: a reminder...
- WIN Oakley Sunglasses with FM and Shade Station
- Whales sculpture highlights threat of plastic pollution to oceans
- Emma's Challenge - Part 23
- CELEBRATE THE 16TH WITH AN EXTRA 10% OFF SALE PRICES!
- Clean up operation in full swing after deliberate fuel leak into Grand Union canal
- Emma's Challenge - Part 22
- Emma's Challenge - Part 21
- June Photo-Caption Competition!
- Angling Trust Announces New Freshwater Team Member