Match Fishing – Angling Trust and Canal and River Trust Stillwater Championship 2013
Report and results from the first qualifying match of the 2013 ATr and CRT Stillwater Championship fished from pegs 50 to 99 on Boddington Reservoir.
The Angling Trust report:
After a warm spell of weather leading up to the event it all changed dramatically on match day with a cold wind blowing down the reservoir, with rain later in the match.
Unfortunately this had the effect of driving the carp out into deeper water and it required casts of 60 to 70 yards to locate them. Fish were caught on hard pellets and boilies, but bread was the most successful bait with pegs on the natural bank (90 to 99) proving to be the best area and providing the top three weights.
On peg 97 David Howard (Leigh Angling), from Wigan, easily won the day with a weight of 65.220kg. David fished a variety of baits on the method feeder to catch 16 carp up to 6kg. In common with lots of anglers in the match David’s fish came in spells as they moved in and out during the match.
In second place was Brian Ashley (Telford) fishing on end peg 99 with a weight of 51.720kg. Tactics were the same as the winner for eleven carp up to 7 kilos. Third place went to Carl Barnfield (Swann Baits) fishing peg 91 with a weight of 48.200kg, Carl also caught on the method feeder.
Congratulations to the five top section place qualifier winners who have secured their places in the grand final on 21 September 2013 at Boddington Reservoir.
Section Winners were as follows:
Peg 52 Alan Walton (Lanes Baits) 13.660kg
Peg 66 John Divine (Leigh Tackle & bait) 18.300kg
Peg 74 Glen Greasley (Guru) 24.500kg
Peg 82 Chris Hill (Erdington) 30.350kg
Peg 97 Dave Howard (Leigh Angling) 65.220kg
The second ATr / CRT Stillwater Championship match for 2013 heads to Earlswood Lakes, Solihull on Saturday 08 June.
By the Same Author
- Men ordered to pay more than £1,400 for illegal fishing: a reminder...
- WIN Oakley Sunglasses with FM and Shade Station
- Whales sculpture highlights threat of plastic pollution to oceans
- Emma's Challenge - Part 23
- CELEBRATE THE 16TH WITH AN EXTRA 10% OFF SALE PRICES!
- Clean up operation in full swing after deliberate fuel leak into Grand Union canal
- Emma's Challenge - Part 22
- Emma's Challenge - Part 21
- June Photo-Caption Competition!
- Angling Trust Announces New Freshwater Team Member