Iconic London Fishing Store Opens in St Petersburg
Top London-based fishing and outdoor pursuits retailer Farlows have announced that agreement has been reached with Vladimir Rybalchenko of Kharlovka Co. and the Atlantic Salmon Reserve for the use of the Farlows name on his new fishing tackle store in St Petersburg in Russia.
This story was first published on our sister site Fish&Fly
The store named 'Farlows on Palace Square' opened on 04 June and is located in one of the prime areas in St Petersburg inside the golden triangle, a very similar prestigious location within the city to the London store’s 9 Pall Mall address.
At the present time the store will be operated completely independently of Farlows using local distributors and its own management. The store will not be able to display the Royal Warrant other than as a reference to the store being in close association with Farlows and with their full support.
Farlows Director Richard Hewitt stated:
“We are delighted that Mr Rybalchenko has recognised what a powerful brand Farlows is within the game fishing fraternity. Together with his incredible salmon fishing resource at www.kharlovka.com this can only strengthen our brands and be very positive for the industry. This is seen as a very exciting development and a new era for Farlows Group Ltd and could lead to similar licensing arrangements in other global locations.”
Vladimir Rybalchenko added:
“The opening of this prestigious store in the heart of St Petersburg is part of our continuing strategy of providing the very best service to our game fishing clients. To be able to follow in the footsteps of Charles Farlow who founded the brand in 1840 is indeed an honour and will add greatly to the status of our new store”.
Vladimir Rybalchenko proudly displays the quality of Atlantic Salmon available from the Atlantic Salmon Reserve
By the Same Author
- Men ordered to pay more than Â£1,400 for illegal fishing: a reminder...
- WIN Oakley Sunglasses with FM and Shade Station
- Whales sculpture highlights threat of plastic pollution to oceans
- Emma's Challenge - Part 23
- CELEBRATE THE 16TH WITH AN EXTRA 10% OFF SALE PRICES!
- Clean up operation in full swing after deliberate fuel leak into Grand Union canal
- Emma's Challenge - Part 22
- Emma's Challenge - Part 21
- June Photo-Caption Competition!
- Angling Trust Announces New Freshwater Team Member