Match Fishing - Angling Trust National Championship for Anglers with Disabilities
The ATr report the results of the 2013 National Championship fished at Blake Hall Fishery.
Just 19 anglers competed for the title of the Angling Trust National Angler with Disabilities Champion at the scenic Blake Hall Fishery near Cheadle in Staffordshire on the 36 peg Capricious Pool which, whilst not renowned for really big weights, has developed a fair reputation for delivering close matches where 50 to 60lb of fish can turn up almost anywhere.
It has almost become the norm this year to blame the weather for below par results at many venues across the country and this National Championship was no exception. After a week of sometimes stormy conditions interspersed with bright sunshine and fairly high temperatures Thursday and Friday prior to the Saturday event saw a massive low pressure come in giving torrential downpours which, in turn, resulted in a significant drop in temperatures. Sadly as far as the fishing was concerned there was only going to be one outcome but that said it was still a very close run affair with only 4kg separating the top four.
Top rod and deservedly earning himself the champion title was local angler Steven Parker. Steven weighed 15kg 800g from peg 25 catching mainly carp to 2kg. He found the feeder with crumb and pellets to be the killer method, although he had to keep ringing the changes with hook baits.
In second spot was Alan Norfolk who weighed in 13kg 260g of mainly carp to 2kg from peg 31. Like the winner Alan caught the bulk of his fish on the feeder using a variety of hook baits. David Chilton put 11kg 580g on the scales for third place from peg 17 and fourth spot went to Alan Chadbone fishing at peg 1.
By the Same Author
- Men ordered to pay more than Â£1,400 for illegal fishing: a reminder...
- WIN Oakley Sunglasses with FM and Shade Station
- Whales sculpture highlights threat of plastic pollution to oceans
- Emma's Challenge - Part 23
- CELEBRATE THE 16TH WITH AN EXTRA 10% OFF SALE PRICES!
- Clean up operation in full swing after deliberate fuel leak into Grand Union canal
- Emma's Challenge - Part 22
- Emma's Challenge - Part 21
- June Photo-Caption Competition!
- Angling Trust Announces New Freshwater Team Member