Match Fishing - Angling Trust National Championship for Anglers with Disabilities
The ATr report the results of the 2013 National Championship fished at Blake Hall Fishery.
Just 19 anglers competed for the title of the Angling Trust National Angler with Disabilities Champion at the scenic Blake Hall Fishery near Cheadle in Staffordshire on the 36 peg Capricious Pool which, whilst not renowned for really big weights, has developed a fair reputation for delivering close matches where 50 to 60lb of fish can turn up almost anywhere.
It has almost become the norm this year to blame the weather for below par results at many venues across the country and this National Championship was no exception. After a week of sometimes stormy conditions interspersed with bright sunshine and fairly high temperatures Thursday and Friday prior to the Saturday event saw a massive low pressure come in giving torrential downpours which, in turn, resulted in a significant drop in temperatures. Sadly as far as the fishing was concerned there was only going to be one outcome but that said it was still a very close run affair with only 4kg separating the top four.
Top rod and deservedly earning himself the champion title was local angler Steven Parker. Steven weighed 15kg 800g from peg 25 catching mainly carp to 2kg. He found the feeder with crumb and pellets to be the killer method, although he had to keep ringing the changes with hook baits.
In second spot was Alan Norfolk who weighed in 13kg 260g of mainly carp to 2kg from peg 31. Like the winner Alan caught the bulk of his fish on the feeder using a variety of hook baits. David Chilton put 11kg 580g on the scales for third place from peg 17 and fourth spot went to Alan Chadbone fishing at peg 1.
By the Same Author
- Lure Fishing - World Championship Team Selection Trials
- World's Biggest Beach Angling Festival Celebrates 21st Birthday
- Fishing with Emma - Stalking a Chub Part Seven
- Angler’s Mail 04 March 2014
- An Evening with Dave Currell and Keith Speer
- Meetings Announced to Present Sea Angling 2012 Results
- Sea Fishing – Bass Anglers in Online Angling Forum Data Gathering Row
- Fishing with Emma - Stalking a Chub Part Six
- Angler’s Mail 25 February 2014
- Angler’s Mail 18 February 2014