Eels in the National News
The plight of the eel was highlighted by national media over the weekend.
It must be August and the slow season for news but whatever the reason it was marvellous to see the eel making online, TV and radio appearances last weekend with the BBC, amongst others, picking up the story of the attempt to re-introduce eels to Lake Windermere by the construction of eel passes in the River Leven where conservationists hope to get numbers back to 40% of those seen in the 1980s.
For the full story check out the BBC News website HERE
By the Same Author
- Multiple Rod Licencing - Is it Time for a Change?
- Fishing with Emma: Winter Carp - Part Seven
- Angler’s Mail 21 October 2014
- Review: How to Flyfish from Newcomer to Improver
- Fishing with Emma: Winter Carp - Part Six
- Regent’s Fish Rescue
- Angler’s Mail, 14 October 2014
- Marijuana Could Wipe out Salmon…
- Banning Eastern European Anglers…
- Recognition for the Social and Economic Benefits of Sea Angling