Eels in the National News
The plight of the eel was highlighted by national media over the weekend.
It must be August and the slow season for news but whatever the reason it was marvellous to see the eel making online, TV and radio appearances last weekend with the BBC, amongst others, picking up the story of the attempt to re-introduce eels to Lake Windermere by the construction of eel passes in the River Leven where conservationists hope to get numbers back to 40% of those seen in the 1980s.
For the full story check out the BBC News website HERE
By the Same Author
- Lure Fishing - World Championship Team Selection Trials
- World's Biggest Beach Angling Festival Celebrates 21st Birthday
- Fishing with Emma - Stalking a Chub Part Seven
- Angler’s Mail 04 March 2014
- An Evening with Dave Currell and Keith Speer
- Meetings Announced to Present Sea Angling 2012 Results
- Sea Fishing – Bass Anglers in Online Angling Forum Data Gathering Row
- Fishing with Emma - Stalking a Chub Part Six
- Angler’s Mail 25 February 2014
- Angler’s Mail 18 February 2014