Eels in the National News
The plight of the eel was highlighted by national media over the weekend.
It must be August and the slow season for news but whatever the reason it was marvellous to see the eel making online, TV and radio appearances last weekend with the BBC, amongst others, picking up the story of the attempt to re-introduce eels to Lake Windermere by the construction of eel passes in the River Leven where conservationists hope to get numbers back to 40% of those seen in the 1980s.
For the full story check out the BBC News website HERE
By the Same Author
- Scottish Sea Anglers Win Skate Protection
- Herefordshire Country Fair 2014
- Match Fishing - Winter League Changes Announced
- New Award for Filming our Invisible Freshwater World
- Fishing with Emma - Canal Pike: Part Five
- Double Gold for Team England
- Guidance for Anglers Reporting Offences to the Police
- Angler’s Mail 22 July 2014
- BSafe – A New Generation of Fish-Safe Nets
- Fishing with Emma - Canal Pike: Part Four