Eels in the National News
The plight of the eel was highlighted by national media over the weekend.
It must be August and the slow season for news but whatever the reason it was marvellous to see the eel making online, TV and radio appearances last weekend with the BBC, amongst others, picking up the story of the attempt to re-introduce eels to Lake Windermere by the construction of eel passes in the River Leven where conservationists hope to get numbers back to 40% of those seen in the 1980s.
For the full story check out the BBC News website HERE
By the Same Author
- Whales sculpture highlights threat of plastic pollution to oceans
- Emma's Challenge - Part 23
- CELEBRATE THE 16TH WITH AN EXTRA 10% OFF SALE PRICES!
- Clean up operation in full swing after deliberate fuel leak into Grand Union canal
- Emma's Challenge - Part 22
- Emma's Challenge - Part 21
- June Photo-Caption Competition!
- Angling Trust Announces New Freshwater Team Member
- Emma's Challenge - Part 20
- Angler’s Mail 26 May 2015