Eels in the National News
The plight of the eel was highlighted by national media over the weekend.
It must be August and the slow season for news but whatever the reason it was marvellous to see the eel making online, TV and radio appearances last weekend with the BBC, amongst others, picking up the story of the attempt to re-introduce eels to Lake Windermere by the construction of eel passes in the River Leven where conservationists hope to get numbers back to 40% of those seen in the 1980s.
For the full story check out the BBC News website HERE
By the Same Author
- Fishing with Emma: Canal Pike: Final Episode
- Angler’s Mail 02 September 2014
- Review: Oakley Fuel Cell Woodland Camo Sunglasses
- The End of the Road for Himalayan Balsam?
- The Importance of Angling Travel Insurance
- Schools Urged to Give Fishing a Go!
- Sea Fishing - The Saltwater Species Hunt
- Bexhill Angling Festival 2014
- New Cormorant Controls Start in September
- The Best Angling Video Ever?