Eels in the National News
The plight of the eel was highlighted by national media over the weekend.
It must be August and the slow season for news but whatever the reason it was marvellous to see the eel making online, TV and radio appearances last weekend with the BBC, amongst others, picking up the story of the attempt to re-introduce eels to Lake Windermere by the construction of eel passes in the River Leven where conservationists hope to get numbers back to 40% of those seen in the 1980s.
For the full story check out the BBC News website HERE
By the Same Author
- The Tunny Club Exhibition
- Free Fishing at Walthamstow Reservoir
- Scotland Heads to the Lowland Canals…as well as to the Polls!
- World Boat Championships – Stewards Needed!
- Fishing wth Emma: Winter Carp - Part Two
- Angler’s Mail 16 September 2014
- TideFest Access to a ‘Secret’ Thames Island
- Review: Dirty Dog Clank Sunglasses
- Fishing with Emma: Winter Carp - Part One
- National Fishing Month 2014 was ‘Absolutely Fabulous’