Eels in the National News
The plight of the eel was highlighted by national media over the weekend.
It must be August and the slow season for news but whatever the reason it was marvellous to see the eel making online, TV and radio appearances last weekend with the BBC, amongst others, picking up the story of the attempt to re-introduce eels to Lake Windermere by the construction of eel passes in the River Leven where conservationists hope to get numbers back to 40% of those seen in the 1980s.
For the full story check out the BBC News website HERE
By the Same Author
- Fishing with Emma - Part Eight
- River Derwent Fish Pass
- Rivers Welland and Glen to get a Re-stock
- 20th Catfish over 220lb
- Match Fishing - Bronze for Feeder Team England
- Farm Fined for Major Fish Kill
- Pike Fishing – Big Fish Show in Championship Final
- Fishing with Emma – Part Seven
- Angler’s Mail 26 November 2013
- US Carp Record Broken