Eels in the National News
The plight of the eel was highlighted by national media over the weekend.
It must be August and the slow season for news but whatever the reason it was marvellous to see the eel making online, TV and radio appearances last weekend with the BBC, amongst others, picking up the story of the attempt to re-introduce eels to Lake Windermere by the construction of eel passes in the River Leven where conservationists hope to get numbers back to 40% of those seen in the 1980s.
For the full story check out the BBC News website HERE
By the Same Author
- Your Chance to Influence Inshore Fisheries
- Catch and Release!
- River Thames – Tideway Tunnel gets Judicial Thumbs Up
- Fishing Britain is Back
- Emma's Challenge - Part Three
- Angler’s Mail 20 January 2015
- 2014 'Fly for Coarse' Winner is Announced
- Angling with Aldi
- Fish the Magnificent Severn
- Angler’s Mail 13 January 2015