Eels in the National News
The plight of the eel was highlighted by national media over the weekend.
It must be August and the slow season for news but whatever the reason it was marvellous to see the eel making online, TV and radio appearances last weekend with the BBC, amongst others, picking up the story of the attempt to re-introduce eels to Lake Windermere by the construction of eel passes in the River Leven where conservationists hope to get numbers back to 40% of those seen in the 1980s.
For the full story check out the BBC News website HERE
By the Same Author
- Fishing with Emma - Canal Pike: Part Five
- Double Gold for Team England
- Guidance for Anglers Reporting Offences to the Police
- Angler’s Mail 22 July 2014
- BSafe – A New Generation of Fish-Safe Nets
- Fishing with Emma - Canal Pike: Part Four
- Angler’s Mail 15 July 2014
- Protect Your Park and Public Fishing
- Gardener’s Out – After 27 Years
- Fishing with Emma - Canal Pike: Part Three