Match Fishing - Dorking are Top Team at Evesham Fest
Daiwa Dorking win the Match Fishing Team Championship on the Warwickshire Avon at Evesham.
Scoring 61 out of a possible 70 points the Dorking team comprising: Simon Willsmore, Darren Davies, Will Raison, Michael Buchwalder and Ian Didcote annihilated the opposition in the premier event at last weekend’s Evesham Festival.
Team manager Simon Willsmore commented:
“We are fortunate in that most of us know the river well, and lessons learned over the course of the Festival helped us to formulate a good plan.
The key was to feed a good quantity of joker at the start of the match, and then not top it up for as long as possible. There were also a lot of fish to be caught on a small maggot feeder, with good perch and eels proving valuable to several of our anglers."
In the individual stakes, it was Pete Morris of W B Clarke who picked up the honours with a weight of 11lb 8oz from peg 19. Pete caught a double figure barbel on maggot feeder, fished to a lily bed down to his left, together with a few small perch on the pole. Matrix Dynamite Trentmen’s Rob Perkins took second place with a barbel of 8lb, together with a few small roach on bloodworm to finish with 9lb 14oz.
1 Daiwa Dorkings 61pts
2 Shakespeare Superteam 52pts
3 Ultimate Barnsley Blacks 49pts
1 Pete Morris (W B Clarke) 11lb 8oz (peg 19)
2 Rob Perkins (Matrix Dynamite Trentmen) 9lb 14oz (peg 10)
3 Darren Massey (Shakespeare Superteam) 6lb 15oz (peg 64)
By the Same Author
- Irish Bass Programme
- Weir Removal opens up Gayton Brook
- Lure Fishing - World Championship Team Selection Trials
- World's Biggest Beach Angling Festival Celebrates 21st Birthday
- Fishing with Emma - Stalking a Chub Part Seven
- Angler’s Mail 04 March 2014
- An Evening with Dave Currell and Keith Speer
- Meetings Announced to Present Sea Angling 2012 Results
- Sea Fishing – Bass Anglers in Online Angling Forum Data Gathering Row
- Fishing with Emma - Stalking a Chub Part Six