Match Fishing - Dorking are Top Team at Evesham Fest
Daiwa Dorking win the Match Fishing Team Championship on the Warwickshire Avon at Evesham.
Scoring 61 out of a possible 70 points the Dorking team comprising: Simon Willsmore, Darren Davies, Will Raison, Michael Buchwalder and Ian Didcote annihilated the opposition in the premier event at last weekend’s Evesham Festival.
Team manager Simon Willsmore commented:
“We are fortunate in that most of us know the river well, and lessons learned over the course of the Festival helped us to formulate a good plan.
The key was to feed a good quantity of joker at the start of the match, and then not top it up for as long as possible. There were also a lot of fish to be caught on a small maggot feeder, with good perch and eels proving valuable to several of our anglers."
In the individual stakes, it was Pete Morris of W B Clarke who picked up the honours with a weight of 11lb 8oz from peg 19. Pete caught a double figure barbel on maggot feeder, fished to a lily bed down to his left, together with a few small perch on the pole. Matrix Dynamite Trentmen’s Rob Perkins took second place with a barbel of 8lb, together with a few small roach on bloodworm to finish with 9lb 14oz.
1 Daiwa Dorkings 61pts
2 Shakespeare Superteam 52pts
3 Ultimate Barnsley Blacks 49pts
1 Pete Morris (W B Clarke) 11lb 8oz (peg 19)
2 Rob Perkins (Matrix Dynamite Trentmen) 9lb 14oz (peg 10)
3 Darren Massey (Shakespeare Superteam) 6lb 15oz (peg 64)
By the Same Author
- First TideFest is a Great Success
- Thames Fishery Research Experiment 2014
- Team England Crash to 16th Place in the 2014 World Championship
- Fishing with Emma: Winter Carp - Part Four
- Angler’s Mail 30 September 2014
- Preparation, Preparation, Preparation: Tony’s Specialist Scene
- The Angling Trust – Have Your Say
- Fishing with Emma: Winter Carp - Part Three
- Green Light for Thames Super Sewer
- The Tunny Club Exhibition